- Posted: 16 days ago
The Systems Administrator is responsible for designing and administering compute and network solutions. Provides technical design, assistance and support related to desktop and server systems, hardware, or software. Responds to queries, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problem, and determines and implements solution as it pertains to end users’ equipment. This is an in-office position.
- Compute environment support
- Manage the day-to-day Information Technology needs of two corporate offices
- Assist IT Director with management of Data Center/IT Integration Service products
- Perform operations and support activities with minimal supervision
- Assist in the provisioning, maintenance and daily performance of global computer systems and servers
- Work with hardware and software diagnostic tools
- Work with Vendors to support and maintain all equipment
- User Support
- Assist with end-user issues, usage, and compliance as they arise. Use deductive analysis and out-of-the-box thinking to solve issues as they are presented. Follow up with employees as required until issues are complete.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to personal computer systems, back-office software, and corporate hardware.
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
- Help maintain Office 365 and End-point security
- Responsible for on-boarding and off-boarding of employees as it pertains to computers, systems, and software
- Maintain inventories of hardware and software licenses
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 3+ years of network experience
- Ability to be in the Herndon Office within one hour in case emergency response is needed
- Well versed in a broad range of Information Technology initiatives and projects
- Experience with Data Center companies a plus
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with competing priorities
- Ability to build strong working relationships across the organization
- Eager to learn and apply knowledge
- 3+ years of Information Technology experience, preferably in security or systems support, or network administrator
- Office 365 administration
- Macintosh and PC administration
- End Point Management Systems administration (BitDefender, Crowdstrike, etc.)
- Mobile Device Management Systems administration
- Manage Engine Ticketing (or related ticketing systems experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, Information Systems, Telecommunications or additional work experience in lieu of degree
EdgeConneX believes diversity – of thought, backgrounds and experiences – affects all that we do, from our employees to the solutions we deliver. Our goal is to create an environment in which inclusion through diversity helps deepen the lives and work experience of our employees, enhances our innovation and creativity, and enriches our involvement in our communities. EdgeConneX is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, as well as any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Powered by JazzHR
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?