Senior Director, Safety and Business Management
- $150,000 to $180,000 Yearly
Senior Director, Safety and Business Management
The Senior Director of Safety and Business Management will be primarily focused on supporting prebuild operations and construction safety within the Global Data Center Engineering, Operations and PMO organization. This specifically includes Contract lifecycle management, Tenant Order Form (TOF)/Service Order Form (SOF) reporting, safety program management, and supporting key initiatives for the Operations, PMO and Engineering disciplines. This position has a hybrid schedule, with about 2-3 days in the Denver office, and reports to the EVP of Engineering and Operations.
- Drive all pre and post construction administration by partnering closely with the heads of Data Center PMO, Engineering and Operations to support:
- Strategic mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) buying process.
- SOF/TOF process.
- Handover from build to operations.
- Construction Safety reporting.
- Contract and Insurance management.
- Drive Financial business analysis to:
- Work with key cross-functional stakeholders in Finance and Sales to continuously improve the TOF and Contract management process.
- Operationalize PMO/Engineering performance reporting for recurring internal reviews.
- Deliver and promulgate safety program to complete the following:
- Provide executive level presentations on safety on a regular basis.
- Ensure ECX meets and exceeds all client needs and industry standard.
- Provide oversight of office and field safety programs.
- Conduct portfolio-wide audits and inspections to ensure compliance, evaluate performance, identify corrective action, and implement follow up assessments.
- Provide input into safety training programs and monitor their implementation for compliance and effectiveness.
- Collaborate with management to develop an Emergency Action Plan and serve as primary contact for project site injury and incident notification, investigation / root cause analysis, and incident management.
- Responsible for overall log of safety inspection activities, reports, and correspondence of regulations.
- Communicate with OSHA or similar as needed and file all related paperwork.
- Monitor and report on key site safety metrics to internal and external teams on a weekly and monthly basis. These portfolio-wide metrics include, but are not limited to, OSHA (or equivalent) log maintenance and filings, SiteDoc software compliance, and the use of daily activity briefings and associated high risk activity plans (HRAs).
- Facilitate and manage the process of identifying, prioritizing, chartering, communicating, and managing Data Center strategic projects.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Emotional intelligence, flexible work style, and excellent diplomatic skills across all levels of the organization.
- Strong process orientation and mindset.
- Ability to break down and solve difficult problems and communicate with audiences with diverse backgrounds.
- Strong communications, both written and verbal, in leading teams and coordinating with peers and other disciplines on driving projects/issues to closure.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with ability to identify value in an unstructured situation.
- Commitment to organizational excellence and constant awareness to seek opportunities to improve processes/quality of deliverables; can cover all gamut of tasks required to ‘getting a job done.’
- Superb organizational skills and project/time management abilities.
- Leadership skills with ability to inspire others to achieve a common objective.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience.
- Master of Science degree required in science- or industrial-related field.
- Candidates with an MBA, experience in the Data Center industry, Construction, and/or Real Estate environments are strongly encouraged to apply.
EdgeConneX believes diversity – of thought, backgrounds and experiences – affects all that we do, from our employees to the solutions we deliver. Our goal is to create an environment in which inclusion through diversity helps deepen the lives and work experience of our employees, enhances our innovation and creativity, and enriches our involvement in our communities. EdgeConneX is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, as well as any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
EdgeConneX offers a competitive benefits package. The preferred pay range for this position is $150,000 to $180,000. Compensation will be finalized after consideration of the successful applicant’s prior work experience, education level and relevant education, and unique skills. EdgeConneX is committed to finding the right person for this role, and salary requests above or below this range may be considered.
Powered by JazzHR
GovernmentView All EdgeConneX Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.