NY Information Security Analyst
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Information Security Analyst
Cloud Services Team
Rapidly growing MSP- 30% a year - every year
Work with best in class and serve the world's finest hedge funds. Learn and apply top technology to some of the world’s most demanding and technology-centric organizations.
As a member of the Cloud Services team, the Information Security Engineer’s responsibilities include:
- Delivery of security services to Edge’s client base.
- Vulnerability analysis
- Patch management
- Threat detection and remediation
- Phishing testing and training
- Security awareness training
- Web and content filtering
- Endpoint protection
- Email protection
- Mobile device management
- Maintenance of tools deployed in Client environments to support Edge CyberSuite offering
- Responsible for tuning and reporting of events
- Work closely with the Professional Services Team on configuration changes to tools used in product offering
Collaboration with the Head of Information Security to maintain the offerings standards, baselines, and reporting
Collaboration with Systems and Network SMEs to develop remediation roadmaps prioritized by realized risk to the Client organization
Understanding and keeping current with common types of cyber-attacks and countermeasures in the industry and engage with the business units to resolve within SLAs
Ability to work with other teams in the research, design and implementation of Security systems and solutions, and enforce best practices and standards
Requirements and Experience
3 – 5 years in the field of information security
Knowledge and understanding of security engineering, system and network security, web security, email security, identity and access management, incident management, incident response and cryptography.
Experience with conducting vulnerability assessments, analyzing the results, prioritizing the vulnerabilities based on realized risk, and building remediation roadmaps
Must have experience with
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) platforms
- Intrusion Detection and prevention
- Privileged Access Management platforms
- Vulnerability Management Solutions
- Offensive Security Tools
- Network Traffic Analysis
- System and Network Hardening
- Python, PowerShell and other scripting languages preferred
- Strong understanding of Linux preferred
- Knowledge of security industry standards and best practices – NIST, CSA, CIS etc.
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols.
- Strong critical thinking, deductive reasoning, prioritization and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of security best practices for Cloud environments such as Azure/O365/AWS
- Strong ability to translate technical information to client’s key stakeholders and executives
- Ability to communicate security issues to peers and management.
Industry standard certifications preferred (CISSP, CEH, OSCP, CySA+, CCSP, etc.)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 40 pounds. In addition, the employee may be required to sit at a desktop monitor for long hours and take phone calls.
About Edge Technology Group
Edge Technology Group is a sector-focused consultancy, exclusively representing alternative investment managers globally. Edge offers fully managed IT services and complete cloud solutions. The company delivers immediate, flexible and proprietary solutions that satisfy the needs of Hedge Funds, Private Equity Firms, Family Offices and Asset Managers worldwide.
Edge has 8 locations across Asia, Europe and the US, including Singapore, Hong Kong, Sydney, London, New York, San Francisco, Austin and our corporate office in Greenwich, CT.
All our positions are competitively compensated, full time, salaried and bonus eligible with full benefits that are 100% company paid. We also offer a 401k contribution of 3% that vests immediately, along with a host of other corporate benefits.
Edge Technology Group is growing rapidly (30% a year) and successfully attracts and retains leading industry talent. We do this by offering dynamic IT professionals exposure to a broad range of leading technologies and the opportunity to learn rapidly and contribute directly to the business.
Powered by JazzHR
Edge Technology Group
AddressNew York, NY
TechnologyView all jobs at Edge Technology Group