- Posted: 9 days ago
Role: Staff Accountant
Organization: Edenbridge PACE at Skyland
Location: Washington, DC SE
Start Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Mission: To allow frail elderly people to age in the location of their choosing and continue to lead
connected meaningful lives
The Staff Accountant role offers a unique opportunity to help build the first PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) program in the District of Columbia within the framework of a supportive, innovative, and expert leadership team and company. Together with our coalition of strong partners within the community, the Accountant will work under the direction of the Director of Compliance and Finance to carry out Edenbridge PACE’s Mission and Vision for Wards 7 and 8.
Role in Brief
The Staff Accountant will plan, organize, and prepare financial-related functions for Edenbridge PACE and all subsidiary companies whose financial statements roll up to Edenbridge PACE budgeting, cash management, audit and tax preparation, purchasing, and accounting-related contract compliance.
Essential Duties and Functions
- Prepares month-end close activities in accordance with the accounting close schedule
- Prepare/review adjusting entries and schedules for annual audit; schedule audit and work with auditors in answering questions, providing necessary information, and explaining accounting and financial system; review audit results and implement necessary/recommended internal controls and/or other revisions.
- Knowledge of debit/credit
- Experience/Understanding of non-profit and for-profit organizational management
- Experience with a journal entry
- Experience with month-end close
- Experience with auditing accounts payable
- Knowledge of accounts receivable
- Knowledge of accounts payable
- Prepare standard and ad-hoc financial analyses;
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Ability to review complete payroll.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Associate’s degree in Accounting and 1-3 years of relevant work experience.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting practices in the private and public sectors; budget analysis; preparation of financial statements; internal auditing of transactions; accounting software.
- Experience in financial accounting for capitated provider organizations and/or health plans with Medicare and/or Medicaid revenue is preferred.
- Ability to manage time, handle pressure, multi-task and meet deadlines, independently and proactively
- Skill in developing detailed documentation in communicating financial information and results
- Strong technical expertise and knowledge of GAAP
- Hands-on and detail-oriented
- Engaged, dedicated, and passionate
- Self-directed professional who carries a positive attitude
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge/Proficient with QuickBooks
- Excellent Excel skills
For more information about Edenbridge PACE visit: www.edenbridgehealth.org
Powered by JazzHR
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?