Responsible for originating, coordinating and implementing all aspects of the development of affordable housing projects. Projects may include new construction, rehabilitation, Eden-owned resyndications, and joint ventures with other developers. Project developers are expected to manage a workload of multiple projects in a collaborative environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under supervision of Associate Director, the position:
- Initiates location and evaluation of potential project sites and properties.
- Negotiates acquisition agreements.
- Conducts preliminary feasibility analyses and organizes critical community support.
- Researches and secures sources of predevelopment, construction and permanent financing from public and private sources.
- Works with public agency staff to assure timely public review and approval including environmental and other entitlement reviews.
- Coordinates environmental review and local agency approvals.
- Identifies members of the development team and negotiates contracts with contractors, engineers and architects.
- Prepares and monitors project budgets, cash flow projections and project schedules.
- Oversees design and construction management to ensure attention given to special-users’ needs, Eden standards, project budget, timelines, and lender/investor/regulatory requirements.
- Works with Eden Housing Resident Services to identify feasibility of on-site service programs, and identifies sources of necessary funding.
- Works with Eden Housing Management and community groups to facilitate affirmative marketing and smooth transition to occupancy.
- Manages interdepartmental planning and project handoff process to ensure successful transition to operations.
- Prepares written report materials and grant and financing applications, and makes presentations before public bodies and community groups.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Master's degree (M. A.) or equivalent;
OR 4 years related experience and/or training;
OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
Advanced degree in planning, business or a field related to housing is highly desirable.
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES, QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience or background in housing, planning, business and real estate finance
- Experience or background in affordable housing development, planning or finance
- Knowledge of local, state and federal housing financing programs; including HUD 202/811, Low Income Housing Tax Credits, and Tax Exempt Bonds.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to the concerns and needs of lower income people
- Ability to conduct financial analysis and budget preparation
- Effective oral and written communication, interpersonal and conflict-resolution skills
- Effective public presentation skills
- Excellent organizational, time management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in project teams, and with a wide variety of individuals
- Proficient in Word and Excel (to conduct financial analysis)
- Ability to work under pressure and successfully meet deadlines
- Commitment to the companies’ goals and philosophy.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must have reliable automobile transportation and a valid California Driver’s License and insurance.
*** To be considered, please use this link to apply: https://careers-edenhousing.icims.com/jobs/2224/project-developer/job ***