About Eden Enterprises:
Eden Enterprises is a vertically integrated cannabis company with expanding interests in retail, cultivation, manufacturing, distribution, and intellectual property. Eden Enterprises hosts a number of operations comprised of Garden of Eden (dispensary brand), Eden Extracts (vape pen/product brand) and Honeycomb Farms (cultivation brand). Our network of experience brought to the table by cannabis business veterans, both founding members and external partners, provides the basis for vertical integration across the entire cannabis supply chain.
About the Role:
The Security Officer is responsible for observing and reporting any suspicious activity and providing protection of our employees and customers at the Garden of Eden retail store in Hayward.
- Observe and report any suspicious activity and identify key facial features of any customer who may appear to show signs of suspicious behavior. Report all incidents that occur with the proper documentation.
- Conduct detailed sweeps of the building including the surrounding neighborhood and businesses and parking lots, while practicing vigorous attention to detail.
- Escort staff when opening and closing to secure their safety. Secure the shop at opening and closing. Provide support for the opening procedure and maintain a clean and hygienic floor.
- Remain alert and aware of all situations going on in the parking lot, the back of the property, in front of the store and inside the building.
- Monitor the cameras and all movements outside. Patrols around the facility.
- Open the door for all incoming customers. Engage them with a friendly greeting and politely ask for credentials or identification.
- Other duties as may be required.
- Must be 21 years of age or older and pass a Life Scan fingerprint and background checks. Possession of a valid BSIS Security Guard card required.
- Two plus years prior experience in the security field and customer service. Solid experience in communicating effectively and professionally with all customers no matter age, gender or medical situation. Ability to diffuse high-intensity situations with diligence, professionalism, and respect.
- Self-starter who takes initiative, displays problem solving and decision making abilities, has excellent organizational skills and can maintain a positive, professional attitude in a fast-paced and changing work environment.
- Available to work flexible schedule including, but not limited to, days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and/or Google Applications including Google Docs, Google Calendar, etc.
- Ability to draft security incident reports in a clear and concise manner.
- Previous experience in the cannabis industry is highly recommended, but not required.
- Ability to sit, stand, and walk for at least eight (8) hours
- Ability to bend at the waist, kneel, crouch in order to access product.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to push/pull carts up to 100 pounds - 200 pounds
- Visual acuity needed for viewing screens and fine print
- Manual dexterity needed for data entry.
- Consistent moderate background noise level.