Ranked on INC 5000’s list of America’s Fastest Growing Companies and Deloitte’s prestigious Technology Fast 500 list, EcoSense is a successful, rapidly growing LED technology company based in Los Angeles. Our purpose is to invent, inspire, and defy expectations through the lens of technology and the power of light. From Bloomingdales and BMW, to Harry Winston and Mall of Emirates, we light the most beautiful spaces in the world.
EcoSense hires curious, collaborative, and autonomous visionaries who have a passion for tackling the unknown, solving hard problems, and answering questions that haven’t been explored. We are looking for exceptional individuals to join our team. If you want to push boundaries in your field, then this is the place for you.
The Director of Supply Chain Management is responsible and accountable for overall global supply chain processes. This role is responsible to ensure the function meets the company performance objectives and customer expectations through developing and managing an effective team that continually drives exceptional customer order TAT performance while minimizing materials and inventory liability and transportation costs across the entire supply chain.
This position leads the development and improvement of strategies and processes for the following functional areas: Materials Forecasting, Demand and Supply planning and execution, Global Inventory Management, and Supplier Performance Management. The position requires strong operations principles across the integrated supply chain, with a proven successful track record of managing Demand and Supply Planning functions in an outsourced direct fulfillment CTO/BTO supply chain structure. The position is accountable for global supply chain performance which includes global forecast and demand plan accuracy, managing the short and long-term supply and capacity plans to support worldwide demand and inventory requirements, and optimizing total landed costs. This position works closely with key functional stakeholders such as external manufacturing partners and NPI Operations, Sourcing, Engineering, Quality, Finance, Sales and Marketing partners in a collaborative fashion to achieve targeted worldwide forecast and service performance levels.
- Development of forecasts and demand plans across multiple product platforms.
- Review historical sales trends, manage outlier data points, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
- Develop and maintain complex forecasting models that delivers business insights
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Sales, Marketing and Finance to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand plans.
- Influence and collaborate with key partners in product management, sales, finance, and customer’s representatives to identify and address input gaps to minimize forecast errors.
- Development of World-Class supply plans for multiple supply tiers to ensure security of supply of critical and make to specifications (MTS) components.
- Collaborate with external business partners to identify and resolve discrepancies between demand and supply plan.
- Provides leadership and visionary concepts through development and execution of strategic supply chain plans.
- Accountable for overall global forecast and demand plan accuracy and other related operations service metrics through management of all functional demand and supply planning processes.
- Ensure that the forecast, demand and supply plans are shared/received in the format, level of detail and timing required by all internal customers and supply chain partners.
- Development and implementation of the inventory tracking and management process to monitor, report, and minimize inventory liability throughout the global supply chain.Oversees the development and implementation of a forward-looking global inventory strategy in support of the business strategy.
- Develop and implement strategies for achieving and maintaining lean inventory levels throughout the entire supply chain
- Accountable for the supply chain team’s initiative in achieving and maintaining on hand inventory levels below 20 Days of stock and no more than 120 Days of Stock throughout the supply-chain
- Managing supply of materials across a global supplier base across Asia and North America.
- Work with various cross-functional teams on projects such as new product introduction, production transfers, and product end of life (EOL) to ensure that the demand and supply plans are aligned to the appropriate product life cycle needs.
- Evaluate buying patterns of key customers, and predict how the company should react to NPI, EOL, warranty, availability, demand shifts, promotions, events and competitive products release.
- Directs the development of budgets and service cost objectives for all activities within the Supply Chain function. Monitors and controls budgets through the planned period to ensure that goals are met and variances are controlled.
- Oversees the coordination of cross-functional short/long term strategic and tactical supply chain plans and monitors progress, making adjustments as necessary to maximize business performance.
- Travel may be required up to 30% of the time
- 10+ years of experience with a demonstrated knowledge of global supply chain concepts and best practices.
- Experience in Forecasting, Demand Planning, Supply Planning, Procurement, and Materials Management
- Experience in developing and implementing global supply chain strategies.
- Strong communication skills, with a proven ability to understand key concepts and communicate with business stakeholders
- Strong analytical, data-processing and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in process formulation and improvement
- Experience in managing global supply chains with on demand, high SKU variability, CTO/BTO regional delayed customization and direct fulfillment strategy a plus
- Knowledge and experience with product development and product launch processes, including taking a product from concept to commercialization a plus
- Meet deadlines and work under pressure, with limited supervision
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative data analysis, including business process metrics and measures linking to business KPIs
- Well-organized and a high level of attention to detail
- Good understanding of statistics and statistical modelling
- Extensive experience with MPS/MRP systems
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint.
- BA or BS in Analytics, Supply Chain, Operations, or Business.
- CPIM and/or APICS certification or equivalent designation a plus
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status. This position is not eligible for sponsorship.