Food Service Assistant Evening Server
- Posted: over a month ago
- $16 Hourly
Economic Mobility Pathways (EMPath) transforms lives by helping people move out of poverty and provides other organizations with the tools to do the same. As a leading nonprofit innovator that combines program delivery, independent research, and public advocacy, we offer a wide range of rewarding career opportunities. EMPath is committed to recruiting, hiring, and sustaining a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, sexuality, age, disability or veteran status, are strongly encouraged to apply. We are an EEO/AA/ADA/ADEA employer based in Boston, Massachusetts.
The Food Services Assistant is responsible for carrying out all activities, required to support efficient and effective food service operations, including, but not limited to: food preparation and distribution; maintenance of inventory; quality control; and, customer service. The goal of this position is to prepare high quality, nutritious meals in a cost effective and consumer responsive way.
Salary: $16.35 USD Hourly
Hours: 40 hours a week, schedule may vary.
Position Title: Food Service Assistant Server
Supervisor: Coordinator of Food Services
Location: 10 Perthshire Rd, Brighton, MA 02135
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF THE JOB:
1. FOOD PREPARATION AND DISTRIBUTION: Carries out daily tasks required to prepare, distribute and/or serve all meals, including but not limited to breakfast, lunch dinner, staff, HDM, meetings and other events as assigned; prepares, packages and delivers all meals including, HDM, in compliance with standards for quality and portion control; prepares, identifies and maintains logs and other reports as needed for the Food Services program including, HDM.
2. MAINTENANCE OF INVENTORY: Receives stores and stocks supplies and equipment as needed; adheres to systems and procedures to maintain inventory and minimize waste, maximize cost containment and insure an adequate level of options.
3. QUALITY CONTROL: Maintains and cleans all kitchen, dining room, store room and Food Services equipment (including dishes, silverware, glassware, pots and pans) and food preparation surfaces; maintains cleanliness of kitchen, dining room and food storage area, shelves, walls, floors and loading dock in accordance with organizational policies, standards of practice, license and code regulations; maintains all equipment related to HDM, including delivery van.
4. CUSTOMER SERVICE: Represents the Food Services program and the organization in a professional manner responsive to the needs of all consumers.
5. MISCELLANEOUS: Performs other responsibilities as needed to insure the stability and growth of food services at EMPath.
6. DRIVING: Must be able to drive full size van in a safe and controlled fashion. Ability to climb up and down stairs to deliver meals to the elderly. Maintains van cleanliness and checks engine fluids on a regular basis.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILTIES:
1. Work without more than normal supervision
2. Interpret instructions verbally and in writing
3. Food handling & sanitation procedures; use of kitchen utensils/equipment
4. Ability to drive
EDUCATION AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
1. Must possess valid Massachusetts Driver’s license
2. Good customer service skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Frequent hand and wrist movement; standing; bending; reaching. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally, 20 pounds frequently and/or daily moving or lifting up to 10 pounds. Ability to stand and to climb stairs for sustained periods of time.
Economic Mobility Pathways, Inc
FoodView all jobs at Economic Mobility Pathways, Inc