Director of Operations
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Economic Mobility Pathways (EMPath) transforms lives by helping people move out of poverty and provides other organizations with the tools to do the same. As a leading nonprofit innovator that combines program delivery, independent research, and public advocacy, we offer a wide range of rewarding career opportunities. EMPath is committed to recruiting, hiring, and sustaining a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, sexuality, age, disability or veteran status, are strongly encouraged to apply. We are an EEO/AA/ADA/ADEA employer based in Boston, Massachusetts.
EMPath is a high-performing and innovative organization that achieves its mission through the fundamental values of inclusiveness and diversity, mutual respect, support, and learning.
Position: Director of Operations, Economic Mobility Exchange
General Summary of Duties:
EMPath manages a learning network, the Economic Mobility Exchange (“Exchange”). The Exchange is comprised of 150+ organizations and government agencies from around the world interested in learning about and implementing EMPath’s Mobility Mentoring® approach and tools used to support low-income families and individuals in their goal to become economically self-sufficient. The Director of Operations role will be a trusted strategic partner with the Vice President, responsible for managing the business operations of the Exchange Team, overseeing the team’s data systems, leading special projects, and ensuring efficiencies are created as the Exchange continues to grow globally.
Essential Duties of the Position:
- Supervise Operations Associate position and interns/volunteers
- Ongoing oversight and alignment of systems (Neon CRM, Hivebrite online member portal, LMS Engage@EMPath)
- Oversee the contracting processes (e.g. service agreements, proposed budgets, coordinating dates, tracking, invoicing, etc.) for trainings, technical assistance and consultation for member organizations;
- Oversee the production and alignment of all member communications such as member and prospect newsletters and annual reports.
- Identify and create efficiencies in various business processes (e.g. databases, events, contracting, membership, etc.)
- Oversee the logistics (e.g. contracting with vendors, marketing and communication, supporting planning calls, registration, successful event launch, tech assistance, and post event wrap up) of event planning for Regional Summits, Member Convening, public webinars, monthly webinar series, workgroups, etc.
- Provide logistical support to VP on the business operations of the Netherlands Exchange.
- Collaborate with Member Relations Team to create systems for capturing and disseminating learnings throughout member network.
- Other related research, supervisory, administrative, and development duties as necessary
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent attention to detail, especially with contracting agreements and financials
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and editing skills
- Excellent team building, collaboration skills; the ability to influence at a variety of professional levels
- Experience in a fast-paced innovative environment, managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent time management skills, needing to meet competing hard deadlines
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to work on a diverse set of business and organizational opportunities and challenges
- Flexible, high degree of comfort with ambiguity and fast paced environment, enthusiasm, and a good sense of humor essential
- Experience working with diverse populations and low-income communities
- Ability to be culturally aware and respectful when working in various settings and communities represented in Exchange network
Educational and Other Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in a relevant field required, Masters preferred.
- 5+ years of demonstrated strong project management experience
- 5+ years of experience managing data systems
- Supervisory experience
- Commitment to EMPath’s mission and interest in understanding the impacts of poverty, chronic stress, and trauma on executive functioning skills
If you are hired, we will require you to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.
All offers of employment at EMPath are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check.
Economic Mobility Pathways, Inc
Get fresh Director Transformation jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.