Environmental Restoration Specialist
Ecompex, Inc. Juneau, AK
- Posted: 23 days ago
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental
The Environmental Restoration Specialist will provide remediation and restoration services to Civil Engineering Unit Juneau (CEU Juneau), while located in Juneau, Alaska, in support of CEU Juneau responsibilities throughout the 17th Coast Guard District (D17) area of responsibility (AOR).
Most CEU Juneau environmental remediation and restoration work is related to clean-up and closure activities of USCG managed contaminated sites. In addition, there is also restoration and remediation work related to shore-side maintenance of existing facilities. This includes, but is not limited to, utilities, roads, piers/docks, hangars, housing complexes, offices, galleys, gyms, small clinics and tower structures. Industrial facilities include water and wastewater treatment plants, steam generation plants and fuel farms.
- 5 years of work experience in the Environmental Remediation Services field
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Science field
- Experience in CERCLA, 18 AAC 75, and remediation and restoration sub-disciplines including contaminated site cleanup, attenuation measures, monitoring, and closure requests are required.
- Mastery of remediation and restoration concepts, principles, and practices
- Experience in CERCLA, 18 AAC 75, and remediation and restoration sub-disciplines including contaminated site cleanup, attenuation measures, monitoring, and closure requests are required
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in the Environmental Remediation Services field
- The Environmental Restoration Specialist will provide Environmental Remediation Services for the CEU Juneau in support of work associated with contaminated site cleanup projects on the Advanced Acquisition Plan (to be provided following award) and other inserted projects. Services include independent technical reviews, project scope development, field investigation, planning, specifications, cost estimating, problem and conflict resolution, quality assurance, and contaminated site condition assessments.
- The Environmental Restoration Specialist provides environmental liability condition assessments and evaluations throughout D17.
- Occasional travel (with potential for overnight) required to operational & environmental liability sites in USCG District 17 Area of Responsibility (D17 AOR).
- The Environmental Restoration Specialist provides contaminated site consultations, providing technical and project advice and guidance to CEU Juneau.
- The Environmental Restoration Specialist conducts comprehensive technical reviews of professional studies, reports and analysis.
- The Environmental Restoration Specialist collaborates with managers, other environmental specialists, construction project managers, legal staff, contract specialists and contractor personnel, and provides advice and insight on the resolution of unique and complex contaminated site cleanup problems and disputes.
- The Environmental Restoration Specialist provides technical reviews and review comments for work plans, clean up reports, and environmental management plans.
- The Environmental Restoration Specialist provides technical responses for Environmental and contractor requests for information and coordinates with CEU Juneau Environmental in developing Scopes of Work for required contract modifications.
Hiring Company Description:
With deep expertise in both professional services and technology, and strong execution skills focused on delivering mission critical results for our clients. We serve clients in multiple Government agencies, institutions, and infrastructure organizations including Federal, State, and Local Government; Defense and Military; Healthcare; Financial; and Litigation & Administrative industries. At Ecompex, we are more than a business - we are a family. We are an energetic, dynamic company that prides itself on quality and is constantly growing and expanding.
EEO Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled. Ecompex is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Ecompex has a desire for priority referrals of protected veterans.
Ecompex, Inc. is compliant with requirements of 41 C.F.R. § 60-1.4(a)(3). This regulation protects applicants and employees from discrimination based on inquiring about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
Ecompex, Inc. participates in the E-verify program as required by federal law.
Need Assistance? If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please send an email with your resume to email@example.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This is a dedicated e-mail address designed exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered.
Ecompex, Inc.Why Work Here?
Awesome team and leadership, great professional environment, great benefits.
Ecompex, Inc. is an ISO 9001 and CMMI certified Government contractor providing a full range of professional services in Mission Support and Management, Civil Engineering, and Medical Operations.
Energy and Environment