- Posted: over a month ago
Ecology Auto Parts Inc. are looking for several port drivers to join our team. The port driver will be responsible for transporting containers to and from the port. The ideal candidate will have a valid driver’s license, TWIC card, and a clean driving record. He or she must be able to lift heavy objects and be comfortable working in all weather conditions. The port driver will be responsible for following all safety regulations.
- Transport materials to various destinations, placing special focus on safety, traffic rules and regulations
- Accurately filling out paperwork, including: daily trip reports, vehicle condition reports and customer work order tickets
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Ecology Auto Parts, Inc safety and Life Critical Rules, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and documents checks utilizing the standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report)
- Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service-related issues to Operations Manager or Dispatch
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings as required by Ecology Auto Parts, Inc. or directed by the Operations Manager.
- Works closely with Operations Manager to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
- Notifies Operations Manager and Safety Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Notifies Operations Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions, including blocked containers, closed lots, streets, alleyways or potential safety hazards.
- Communicates customer requests to Dispatch or Operations Manager
- Other duties as assigned
- Drive trucks to and from port facilities, adhering to all traffic laws and regulations
- Load and unload cargo from trailers, using appropriate lifting techniques
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance as needed
- Complete required paperwork accurately and in a timely manner
- Communicate with dispatch to receive instructions and coordinate daily activities
- Keep track of hours worked and mileage covered
- Report any accidents or incidents immediately
- Follow company policies and procedures at all times
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Assist with other tasks as needed
- Train new drivers as needed
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections
- Class A driver license
- Ability to haul 40’ to 53’ trailers
- Ability to read and understand a map/GPS
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job
- Ability to drive truck with a manual and automatic transmissions
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Previous CDL truck driving experience preferred
- Hazmat endorsement (or willingness to obtain)
- 2 years of experience driving a commercial vehicle
- 21 years of age or older
- Clean MVR with no more than 2 moving violations in the past 3 years
- Ability to pass a DOT physical and drug screen
- Experience driving a port dray truck
- Experience with containerized cargo
- Forklift certification
- TWIC card
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear
- Occasionally required to stand and walk
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Some travel required
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Ecology Auto Parts Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Ecology Auto Parts Inc
AddressLos Angeles, CA
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Ecology Auto Parts Inc
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?