Office Assistant (Part-time)
- Paid Time Off , Retirement
Ecology Action in Santa Cruz, CA is looking to hire a part-time Office Assistant to help perform administrative and facilities tasks in our Downtown Santa Cruz office. Do you want to work with an award-winning environmental nonprofit that supports its employees? If so, please read on!
The Office Assistant helps perform administrative and facilities tasks necessary for Ecology Action's day-to-day operations. Functions include routine tasks that must be performed reliably every day, special projects as required, and covering for the Office Manager when needed. The position reports to the Office Manager and is on-site at our headquarters in downtown Santa Cruz.
This is a 10-20 hour per week position with a somewhat flexible schedule. One possibility would be 3 days each week for 3 to 5 hours, plus other time as needed.
The following responsibilities are carried out under the direction of the Office Manager.
- Maintains office equipment and supplies, replenishing the inventory to assure adequate levels.
- Monitors the automated receptionist and voicemail systems. Responds to queries in person or electronically. Takes and transmits messages. Screens, sorts and delivers mail. Assists with shipping and receiving of packages.
- Oversees reservations for and management of conference rooms and equipment. Checks daily schedules and sets up meeting furniture and refreshments. Coordinates food service for meetings and other events. Assists staff with meeting-related needs.
- Provides administrative support as needed for routine and special projects.
- Opens and closes doors, windows, blinds and fans throughout the office to control air flow and assure comfort.
- Performs regular maintenance tasks including cleaning up staff kitchens, laundering and stocking kitchen linens, and refilling paper/toner as needed in copiers.
- Performs maintenance of building exterior by cleaning litter and debris from the landscape, sidewalks and parking lot.
- Organizes and maintains basement storage area, including properly disposing of outdated or damaged materials, equipment and files.
- Assists with moving desks and other furniture throughout the offices, and basement, as needed.
- Regularly checks all areas for cleanliness and for ways to optimize staff productivity and well-being. Helps maintain a safe work environment by monitoring for, and eliminating, hazards. Keeps the first aid and emergency kits stocked.
- Cares for indoor and outdoor plants.
Possibility for occasional overtime due to events outside normal working hours.
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- 1-3 years directly related clerical, administration, facilities and/or computer experience desired.
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Able to effectively use a variety of business applications, e.g., security camera monitoring, scheduling systems, virtual phone system.
- Pleasant and helpful disposition.
- Must possess tact and protect confidential information.
- Valid driver's license and proof of current automobile insurance Personal vehicle availability for business purposes desired. Mileage will be reimbursed at the IRS approved rate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, bend, stand, talk and hear, and occasionally sit and use a computer keyboard and monitor. The employee must be able to lift and move tables and equipment weighing at least 40 pounds. Reasonable accommodation is be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The work environment includes an office setting, basement storage area, and building grounds, which may expose an individual to fumes, airborne particles, loud noise levels, and unpleasant odors.
Compensation: Ecology Action offers a competitive hourly rate. This position is eligible for PTO and our 401k-retirement plan with a 4% match. Use of an insured personal vehicle for company business is reimbursed at the Federal mileage rate.
ABOUT ECOLOGY ACTION
Since April 22, 1970, our nation's first Earth Day, we began to address our community's environmental problems. We design effective programs, successfully activate communities, forge mutually beneficial partnerships, and influence policy to advance equitable, climate-smart initiatives. Our focus is on the most pressing issue for a thriving future: reducing carbon emissions. Since our launch, we have grown into an industry leader that empowers individuals and organizations to make positive changes for a healthier, more equitable low-carbon future.
We have created a collaborative and inclusive work environment that is based on transparency around our business initiatives and progress. Our valued employees enjoy great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our mission to positively impact our environment!
Ecology ActionSanta Cruz, CA
Get fresh Office Assistant (Part-time) jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.