The Sr. Packaging Engineer position operates within the Research and Development Packaging Engineering Group. This group is responsible for designing and evaluating packaging systems for industrial detergents and other cleaning applications. Packaging Engineers must be proactive team members working with product development scientists and engineers to develop packaging solutions for various product categories.
What's in it For You:
- The opportunity to take on some of the world's most meaningful challenges, helping customers achieve clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives and ideas to achieve our best
What You Will Do:
- Support and drive new package development and strategies to improve time to market and advance packaging technologies for Ecolab
- Design, develop, source and specify packaging components based on various product characteristics, cost limitations, and in accordance with EPA, FDA and DOT regulatory requirements. Package design and material selection will take into consideration such variables as moisture, chemical compatibility, temperature degradation and distribution performance
- Support cross divisional development projects in addition to inline maintenance, quality resolution and cost savings projects
- Specify and conduct tests on a wide variety of containers used for the protection, display, and handling of products
- Communicate cross-functionally within RD&E in addition to communicating with corporate functions such as Operations, Marketing, Sales and Customer Service
- Coordinate projects as assigned including the management of required resources and partnerships with Ecolab vendors
- Bachelor's Degree in Packaging Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related field
- 2 years of experience in a packaging engineering environment
- Immigration sponsorship not available for this role
- Strong leadership qualities encompassing project management and communications skills, excellent analytical skills, and ability to work in team environment
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Demonstrate ability to create innovative solutions toward key application issues
- Design and product development experience in corrugated, plastics and films
With annual sales of $15 billion, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services that protect people and vital resources. Our 49,000 associates help make the world cleaner, safer and healthier by delivering critical insights and innovative solutions to help our customers achieve clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments at nearly three million customer locations in more than 170 countries.
When you come to work at Ecolab, you get to take on some of the world's most meaningful challenges - and have the opportunity to learn and grow, shape your career, make an impact and quickly see the importance of your work.
For more Ecolab news and information, visit www.ecolab.com. Follow us on Twitter @ecolab, Facebook at facebook.com/ecolab, LinkedIn at Ecolab or Instagram at Ecolab Inc.