The Applications Engineer is responsible for evaluating requests for proposals, analyzing customers’ needs and developing detailed proposals, concepts, and project cost estimates. The Applications Engineer supports the job launch process for all proposals resulting in purchase orders.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities
• Review incoming requests for quotes and evaluate the requirements and concept feasibility in coordination with the Applications Supervisor, Product Manager, Account Manager, or other relevant sources
• Review customer specifications for completeness and request any additional documentation required; ensure compliance with all customer specifications throughout the quoting phase
• Conceptualize and quote systems solutions utilizing standard equipment as much as possible
• Consult with engineering for customization of standard products to meet customer requirements as needed
• Obtain quotes for major purchased items from outside vendors
• Create detailed and accurate cost estimate budgets, customer proposal documents, and all required proposal drawings. Adhere to assigned proposal timeline. Enter the budget in SAP.
• Generate necessary job contract set-up sheets, “as sold” budget and “as sold” documentation for job launch and conduct or participate in job launch meetings
• Review quotes to ensure the most competitive bid is provided
• Prepare budgets and letters for Order Change Requests (OCRs)
• Assist in the creation of improved estimating and proposal tools
• Support the development of a standard description database, standard pricing models, etc.
• Evaluate cost estimates in comparison to actual costs of jobs as a means of assessing accuracy and identifying opportunities for improvement
• Occasional travel to customers’ plants to review customers’ needs directly. Travel to Germany or other Ecoclean sites may be required for training purposes.
• Actively participate in lessons-learned meetings for completed jobs
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to adapt to tight timelines, work with limited resources and still deliver on time and within scope
• Ability and willingness to learn about new products and components quickly and effectively in order to meet deadlines and budget restrictions
• Ability to read part prints and/or blue prints
• Ability to review customer files, create layouts, and concepts using AutoCAD and SolidWorks
• Experience using Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook (required), Excel (Intermediate level), Word (Advanced level), PowerPoint (Basic level), and experience with Project (Basic level) preferred
• Process calculation knowledge to include cycle time calculation, weight calculations, etc.
• Ability to concept and estimate pricing of material handling solutions, filtration solutions, and custom machined & fabricated components
• Basic understanding of accounting and finance principals
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering (or related field) or equivalent experience in an engineering capacity
• 5+ years’ experience Application Engineering/Estimating of capital equipment experience is preferred
• 2+ years’ experience with Powertrain machining processes for industrial washing systems
• 1+ years’ experience manipulating AutoCad and SolidWorks drawings
• 1+ years of experience with SAP
All job offers are contingent upon a background check, drug screen, and SSN verification.
To learn more about Ecoclean, visit www.ecoclean-group.us
Ecoclean offers employees excellent compensation and benefit packages and a progressive work environment in a state-of-the-art facility in Southfield, MI.
Ecoclean is not sponsoring employment VISAs at this time.
Please, no phone calls and no third party inquiries.
Why Work Here?SBS Ecoclean Group develops and markets products, systems and service solutions for industrial cleaning technology and water-based surface treatment. Our technology and services are trusted by our customers from the automotive industry and their suppliers as well as customers from the broad industrial market – from manufacturers of parts and components for medical and optical technology to the aircraft industry. As worldwide market and technology leader, we are present at production sites in Germany, Switzerland, France, Great Britain, the Czech Republic, the USA, Mexico, India and China. Ecoclean offers employees excellent compensation and benefit packages and a progressive work environment in a state-of-the-art facility in Southfield, MI. Ecoclean is not sponsoring employment VISAs at this time. Please, no phone calls and no third party inquiries.
Technology that Inspires!