- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
POSITION OVERVIEWEcoRise seeks a self-motivated, highly organized, adaptable, and innovative individual with experience as a formal educator and facilitator for the position of Program Manager. The Program Manager will lead our Sustainable Intelligence programs in Central Texas and our Green Building Academy teachers in Texas and Massachusetts. The Program Manager is responsible for teacher outreach, engagement, customized support, leading edge professional development; program evaluation; student and teacher exam preparation, registration, and documentation; and fostering community relationships to enhance both programs. In addition, the Program Manager will play a critical supporting role on the execution of the NOAA-funded Building a Green Texas Program, supporting partners at the University of Texas to integrate NOAA assets and climate resiliency into the program as we design, implement and scale it across Texas. The Program Manager will report to the Program Director and must be based in Central Texas.
Sustainable Intelligence Program
- Recruit K-12 teachers and students to participate in our Sustainable Intelligence Program.
- Provide leading-edge professional development through virtual and in-person customized workshops. Connect with teachers and students via email, phone, video conferencing, and in-person visits to support the implementation of EcoRise lessons and resources.
- Support teachers and students in applying for Eco-Audit Grants, both virtually and in-person as applicable. Review applications, provide feedback, and fund student-designed sustainability projects.
- Organize and host regional and/or virtual Student Innovation Showcases where student teams present their work to their peers, community partners, and green professionals.
- Participate in and support community events relating to sustainability education and environmental justice to strengthen partnerships that increase the efficacy and impact of our collective mission.
- Monitor, measure, and evaluate program impact using surveys, focus groups, classroom visits, and/or rubrics for student projects.
- Recruit, engage, and retain teachers to participate in EcoRise’s Green Building Academy, with a focus on Central Texas, the Texas Gulf Coast, and Massachusetts.
- Organize leading-edge professional development focused on EcoRise’s Green Building Lessons for a Sustainable Future curriculum through face-to-face and virtual trainings.
- Connect teachers in the Green Building Academy with green professional mentors.
- Coordinate LEED Green Associate exam registration and preparation for interested teachers and students.
- Work with Program Team to organize or co-facilitate student showcasing opportunities, year-round.
- Implement evaluation tools to measure the impact of Green Building Academy and related resources using surveys, focus groups, classroom visits, and rubrics for student projects.
- Support paid summer internship programs for students in the Green Building Academy.
- Integrate NOAA assets, including data sets and tools from climate.gov, into Green Building Academy professional development and curriculum resources for Texas-based teachers.
- Work closely with Texas-based Program Team staff and community partners to coordinate four full-day field experiences for five participating schools in Central Texas that incorporate green building, climate resilience, citizen science, and civic engagement.
- Recruit, engage, and retain teachers and students to participate in related professional development, fields experiences, and summer internships.
- 3+ years teaching experience in a core content area or career and technical education classroom, K-12.
- Experience designing and facilitating teacher professional development.
- Fluency with Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills and Next Generation Science Standards
- Must have a personal vehicle or alternative means of transportation for local travel (not covered by EcoRise).
- Must be willing to travel an estimated 3-5 days days per month and work occasional nights and weekends.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills that help represent and reach racially, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse communities.
- Self-driven personality with effective project management skills; attentive to details with keen aptitude for organization.
- Strong computer literacy skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps.
BusinessView all jobs at EcoRise