Sales Manager & Account Representative
Location: Washington, DC
Reports To: Director of Business Development, Owner/Executive Chef and Owner / Director Operations
The Team Sales Coordinator position at SuperFd is based on sales and account management. The area of focus is local catering and coordination services that provide our professional teams and athletes with nutritional guidelines and performance driven meals for their pre-game, post-game and in-flight meal service.
Key responsibilities of the role consist of account management of current clients and outbound sales. The focus around outbound sales includes cultivating new territories through prospecting, cold calling, referrals, networking, attending events, as well as building and managing a pipeline to support sales goals as related to our growth strategy. Additional components of this position include outreach to professional sports teams traveling to and from the Washington area for pre-game, post-game and in-flight meals, as well as the development of our Culinary Concierge program for all professional teams.
The account management is based on retention, contract renewals and driving topline revenue from existing clients. This consists of but not limited to attending to the needs of our locally based clients. The two sides of this position will entail outreach to all types of professional sports teams, coordinating with Certified SuperFd Kitchens in major cities across the United States and Canada, event coordination, and high-profile account management. Relationship management is inherent in the success of this role
It will take a self-motivated individual willing to dedicate time to managing our primary clients, attending to the needs and supporting the local culinary team.
● Account Management - Foster SuperFd relationship with existing customer base; attend to client needs, manage menus, coordinate events, and assist with service.
● Manage Pipeline: Build consistent pipeline. Respond to leads and follow ups. Keep extreme detail to stay organized
● Organize and Implement Sales Strategy: In conjunction with the Director of Business Development, develop business strategy and milestones.
● Clear Communication: Understand resources, deadlines, and workload and effectively communicate to owner and upper management status of department.
● Achieves Results: Reflects a drive to achieve and outperform, continuously looking for improvements, and accepts responsibility for actions and results.
● Critical Thinking: Methodically analyzes and evaluates sales issues by defining the challenges, identifying alternatives, communicating, and making timely decisions
● Knows the Business: Understands how SuperFd works and can identify sources of value, efficiency, and effectiveness
● Manages to Results: Demonstrates accountability and contributions to the successful realization of goals and demonstrates accountability for goal realization
● Manages and Executes: Manages all aspects of engagement/project to ensure outcomes are met and client is retained
● Communication Skills: Exhibits excellent oral and written communication skills
● Service Orientation: Listens to and understands the customer, anticipates customer needs, and gives high priority to customer satisfaction
● Builds and Shares Knowledge: Develops and shares subject matter expertise/reusable assets that can be readily applied to sales protocol
● Teams with Others: Creates an environment that values individual perspectives while driving towards common goals; assists teammates as necessary
● Develops Self: Understands own strengths and development needs, learns from experience, and owns personal development
● Develops Others: Recognizes colleagues’ strengths and development opportunities and provides them with ongoing feedback and coaching
● Business Partnering: Promotes collaboration and the sharing of ideas and perspectives with other internal functions and stakeholders
● Effectively build, install, and operate sales strategy
● Able to build and maintain relationships at the C suite level
● Expert communication/presentation skills
● Maintain a sales pipeline
● Regional Sales Director
● Consult new cities on sales procedures