This position is for the 2nd shift 7:30am - 3:30pm. Rotating weekends.
I. POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The purpose of this position is to maintain and repair mobile equipment. The Mobile Equipment Mechanic will assist with the maintenance operations at this site.
II. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Repairs electrical systems, hydraulic systems, and drive trains of mobile equipment.
- Repairs gasoline and diesel engines.
- Performs preventive maintenance on all mobile equipment, including inspecting, lubricating, painting, restoring, and cleaning.
- Keeps work area orderly, clean, and free of debris.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Diagnose, adjust, repair, or overhaul mobile mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment, such as cranes, forklifts, and wheel loaders.
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts including dismantling and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools.
III. PRE-HIRE REQUIREMENTS:
- 5 years industrial experience or 2 years technical schooling plus 3 years industrial experience
- Good interpersonal communications skills; written and verbal
- Able to work any shift
IV. POST-HIRE TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
- Environmental training applicable to the job
- Safety training for applicable equipment
- Job instructional training
- Quality system familiarization
- ISO 14001 awareness, objectives and targets, department significant environmental impacts
- OHSAS 18001 Awareness, OH&S-MS Objectives and Goals, Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment and Risk Control.
V. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to extreme heat. The employee occasionally works in high precarious places and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock , and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud. Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment.
Eco-Bat Technologies LTDIndianapolis, IN
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.