- Over a month ago
- $81,078 to $90,000 Yearly
I. POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Provides operations and production support through electrical installation and repair.
II. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installs new electrical equipment in plant.
- Troubleshoots and repairs electrical, electronic, and pneumatic instrumentation systems using schematics, drawings, and blueprints.
- Performs preventative electrical maintenance.
- Performs electrical installation of new plant equipment and processes, including routing of electrical cable or wire from current power sources.
- Keeps work area neat, clean, and free of debris.
- Complies with all environmental, health, safety and housekeeping programs,
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
III. PRE-HIRE REQUIREMENTS:
- Associate’s degree in electrical engineering or similar training or equivalent experience
- 2 years experience as an industrial electrician
- Must take skills-based test
- Able to use tools such as meters and voltage testing equipment
- Able to read and interpret schematics
- Good interpersonal communications skills; written and verbal
- Able to work any needed overtime
- Able to work rotating weekends
- Willing to be clean-shaven at all times
IV. POST-HIRE TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
- Environmental training applicable to the job
- Safety training for applicable equipment
- Job instructional training
- Quality system familiarization
- ISO 14001 awareness, objectives and targets, department significant environmental impacts
- OHSAS 18001 Awareness, OH&S-MS Objectives and Goals, Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment and Risk Control
V. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to extreme heat. The employee occasionally works in high precarious places and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud. Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment.
IV. OTHER INFORMATION:
Respiratory Protection Required: Yes [ X ] No [ ]
Potential for Lead Exposure over PEL: Yes [ X ] No [ ]
Potential for Inorganic Arsenic Exposure over PEL: Yes [ X ] No [ ]
Potential for Cadmium Exposure over PEL: Yes [ ] No [ * ]
Physical Demands of job are: Light Duty: [ ]
Normal Duty: [ ]
Heavy Duty: [ X ]
* If duties require entry to a cadmium controlled area, appropriate respiratory protection
must be worn.
Eco-Bat Technologies LTD
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?