Supervise and performs general preventive maintenance and corrective repair of buildings, commercial systems, equipment and grounds. Working under close supervision, assists in monitoring building system operations and performance. Utilizes several trade skills such as plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, heating and cooling.
• EPA – Universal Certification (refrigerant)
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and Company directives related to building operations and work safety.
• Supervise and performs assigned day-to-day repairs, emergency and preventive maintenance.
• Completes maintenance and repair records as required.
• Reviews assigned work orders.
• Estimates time and materials needed to complete repair.
• Orders necessary materials and supplies to complete all tasks.
• Assists with installation and modification of building equipment systems.
• Assists with troubleshooting and repairs of buildings and installed systems to include: plumbing systems, kitchen equipment, roofs, drains, and HVAC.
• Inspects new installation for compliance with building codes and safety regulations.
• Maintains lighting systems throughout the facility, cleaning fixtures and replacing bulbs and lamps.
• Maintains grounds of facility or property performing such tasks as raking, sweeping, leaf blowing or snow removal.
• Performs furniture assembly and locksmith tasks as needed.
• Responds quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supervise and perform routine inspections of properties interior and exterior condition such, lighting, roofs, pumps, doors, windows, stairs, life safety equipment, safety rails, sidewalks, parking lots and landscaping.
- Troubleshoot and calibrate pneumatic controls or building automation controls
- Troubleshoot and diagnose plumbing and mechanical problems
- Replace burnt out light bulbs and ballasts
- Clean and lubricate motors and drives such as, door and gate opening and closing devices, door and gate hinges and latches, lubricate moving parts on machinery
- Repair and replace defective equipment parts
- Patching and touch up of walls, hallways and exterior structures
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of work area, shops and storage areas
- Setting and adjusting of timers such as lighting and irrigation
- Writing of inspection reports, work orders and time sheets
- Responding to calls to investigate problems at various locations and report findings
- Communicating with Supervisors, managers, security personnel and co-workers
- Monitoring utilities, condition of equipment, property and building operations
- Document time worked, materials used, items purchased, inspections conducted, tests completed and scheduled maintenance performed.
- Minimum of four years of supervisory experience
• EPA – Universal Certification refrigerant
• Licensed for equipment – responsible per job location.
- Mechanical – Knowledge of machines and tools, including their uses, repair and maintenance
- Commercial building and construction – Knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings
- Public and personal safety – Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures and strategies to promote effective operations for the protection of people, property and equipment
- Technology – Basic knowledge of computers, Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Must possess effective oral communication with the ability to effectively explain, educate, and transfer knowledge in an understandable and accurate manner.
- Demonstrated proficiency in English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and capability to effectively communicate with all levels of the Company.
- Demonstrated active listening skills.
- Ability to create and compose written materials with proper English grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to communicate clearly with employees, management, and team members.
- Ability to clearly and effectively convey information and ideas in both verbal and written form.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a multicultural business environment.
· Paid time-off and sick leave
Eco-Alpha Environmental and Engineering Services
Why Work Here?Eco-Alpha Environmental and Engineering Services is a family-owned women-owned minority business enterprise, located in the Sacramento Metropolitan Region of California. "As a family owned business, clients are treated as an extension of our family". Eco-Alpha Environmental and Engineering Services provides a superior level of customer service, highly trained and reliable staff, and innovative solutions to meet clients changing and environmental and engineering needs. As a proud leader in increasing diversity in the environmental and engineering industry, Eco-Alpha is committed to four main principles: -Safety -Ethical leadership -Innovation -Sustainability
Amazing colleagues, innovative solutions, and room for growth!