Outdoor Youth Counselor/Teacher (Floral City, FL)
Eckerd Connects Miami, FL
- Expired: October 08, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Location Address: 7027 East Stage Coach Trail, Floral City, FL 34436
Do you have a bachelor’s degree, love to work outdoors and want to make the world a better place for at-risk teenage girls? Camp E-Nini-Hassee is the place for you…
Eckerd Connects’ Camp E-Nini-Hassee is seeking individuals for our Outdoor Residential Youth Counselor/Teacher position in Floral City, Florida. This position lives with girls ages 12 to 17, providing daily hygienic oversight, therapeutic support/group counseling related to teenage girls, and therapeutic outdoor adventures, such as canoeing backpacking and ropes course activities.
E-Nini-Hassee Website: https://www.eckerdhelpsgirls.com/
Duties and Responsibilities of Youth Counselor/Teacher:
- Provides therapeutic support to 10-12 teenage girls who struggle with low self-esteem, anxiety, depression, family conflicts, neglect, and poor academic performance. Position is 24 hours a day for 5 days a week.
- Participates in the implementation of outdoor education (e.g. canoe trips, backpack trips, ropes course, fine arts, etc.), receiving training in CPR/First Aid, Lifeguarding, basic water safety, and other outdoor safety training.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Willingness to work a 24hr/ five-day work week
- Ability to appropriately role-model and willingness to share in the emotional experiences of teenage girls, and develop relationships, crisis management, problem-solving, and team building skill sets
- Physical ability to stand for extended amounts of time, as well as walk regularly throughout the wilderness terrain 24hr/five-day work week
- Maintain a positive attitude in a wilderness setting, with exposure to outdoors and/or weather conditions
- Free room and board provided in an off-campus house for days off
- Meals provided when on duty
Make more than a Living, Make a Difference
Eckerd wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education, advancement, and the chance to contribute to business objectives. We offer competitive salaries and an excellent comprehensive benefits package including:
Health, Dental and Vision Insurance | 19 days of Paid Time Off the first year | 9 paid holidays | Retirement savings plan with employer match up to 5% | Flexible spending accounts | Paid short-term and long-term disability | Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance | Voluntary term life insurance
Headquartered in Clearwater, Florida, and founded in 1968 by philanthropists, Jack and Ruth Eckerd, Eckerd Connects is one of the largest national nonprofit child and family service organizations in the United States. Eckerd provides a full continuum of life-changing behavioral health, child welfare services, and workforce development through multiple offices and facilities nationwide that strengthen families, assist young adults, and help children succeed.
Eckerd Youth Alternatives, Inc. ("Eckerd Connects") considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Eckerd Connects is a drug-free workplace and utilizes E-verify to confirm employment eligibility.
Sports and RecreationView all jobs at Eckerd Connects