- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This is a leadership position responsible for the direct supervision of Eckerd Connects’ Operations staff. This position is responsible for the identification and timely execution of lead agency related activities designed to support the work of the case management providers in achieving safe and timely permanency for children involved in the child welfare system.
- Provides administrative management, guidance, and support to staff responsible for the timely execution of operational tasks identified by the Lead Agency.
- Assist the Senior Director of Growth and Transformation in ensuring Lead Agency resolution of any systemic concerns impeding a youth’s ability to navigate timely and safely through the dependency system. Identifies countermeasures to support achievement of safe and timely achievement of permanency and case closure.
- Provides operational & quality management guidance and support to case management providers and other system of care leaders as needed.
- Interacts with System Stakeholders (Guardian Ad Litem, Office of Attorney General, County Sheriff’s Department, Developmental Services, State Attorney’s Office, etc…) assuring proper access to those services for children and families involved in child welfare services.
- Assists the Senior Director of Growth and Transformation in developing and continuously reviewing/updating policies and procedures.
- Trains all Operations staff to assure the proper and successful implementation of an effective service delivery system for youth and families involved in the dependency system.
- Assists in the development of all reporting, data collection, and statistical analysis related to Operations.
- Designs/produces monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required and specifically regarding the duties and responsibilities assigned.
- Interviews, selects new hires, coaches, mentors and develops direct reports; ensuring the department is able to respond to current and future business opportunities and challenges.
- Routinely meets with subordinates to discuss performance, provide technical assistance, and to review ongoing progress.
- Reports to the Department, the Community partners and the System of Care as necessary.
Location Specific Essential Functions (Those functions that are unique to the location in which the employee serves)
- Promotes and advocates improvements to child welfare system to strengthen and improve practice, timeliness, accessibility, quality and effectiveness of services, and to increase the natural and enduring community support for children and families.
- Assist the Director in the monitoring of all subcontracts as assigned and in ensuring appropriate oversight of all court related activities.
- Responsible for ensuring an effective system is in place for the Case Transfer Process between child protective investigations and case management providers as directed by the Director. Review of client complaints as determined necessary.
Other Duties Include, But Not Limited To
- Participate in training and development activities as required.
- Report any acts, incidents or conditions that reflect the possibility of inappropriate youth-to-youth or staff-to-youth relationships.
- Report any use of physical force and all unusual incidents per Eckerd Connects policy and state guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree, from an accredited College or University, in social work or related human services field required. Master's Degree in social work or a related human services field preferred.
Experience: Three years direct experience in the delivery of services to families and children along with a minimum of one year prior supervisory/management experience. Experience in a lead position or in charge duties can substitute for supervisory experience. Experience in quality assurance/quality improvement preferred. Child Welfare Certification through the Florida Certification Board is required for Circuit 6 Lead Agency.
Skills: Possess knowledge of at-risk children/youth and their family’s families, child welfare statutes and guidelines, contract terms, quality management and managed care standards. Ability to lead, team build, and supervise a staff. Possess previous supervision experience. Ability to maintain a professional working relationship with with youth, families, staff and agencies. Detail oriented, excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures. Ability to work independently and utilize initiative, ability to be organized and to meet deadlines. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations. Computer experience in a Windows environment, Microsoft Office (Excel, WORD), ability to learn and utilize other software programs.
Other: Maintain an appropriate and valid state driver’s license. Must meet state criminal background check requirements.
Travel: Must be able to meet requirements for Eckerd Connects’ Auto Insurance and be able to drive for business purposes.
Physical Demands: Ability to sit at desk for long periods of time and tolerate extended periods of data entry. Must be free of communicable diseases as required by the state and to the extent that knowledge is attainable under the law.
Make more than a Living, Make a Difference
We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education, advancement, and the chance to contribute to business objectives. We offer competitive salaries and an excellent comprehensive benefits package including:
Health, Dental and Vision Insurance | 19 days of Paid Time Off the first year | 11 paid holidays | Retirement savings plan with employer match up to 5% | Flexible spending accounts | Paid short-term and Working d long-term disability | Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance | Voluntary term life insurance
Headquartered in Clearwater, Florida, and founded in 1968 by philanthropists, Jack and Ruth Eckerd, Eckerd Connects is one of the largest national nonprofit child and family service organizations in the United States. Eckerd provides a full continuum of life-changing behavioral health, child welfare services, and workforce development through multiple offices and facilities nationwide that strengthen families, assist young adults, and help children succeed.
Eckerd Youth Alternatives, Inc. ("Eckerd Connects") considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Eckerd Connects is a drug-free workplace and utilizes E-verify to confirm employment eligibility.
BusinessView all jobs at Eckerd Connects