Position Description: Print and Label Technician I
Apis Hyve LLC dba Echo Electuary is an Oregon state licensed cannabis extract, concentrate, edible, and infused products Processor and Producer. We are a skillful union of art and science, with a priority to provide exceptional cannabis experiences to all. As a small business, although some employees have specific skills and/or titles, or are hired to perform specific duties, all positions with Echo Electuary are expected to follow lawful instructions and perform such duties as are necessary to fulfill our mission and support the company’s success, whatever that may entail in any situation.
The position of Print and Label Technician I is for part time non-exempt work. Printing hours are Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and/or Thursday. Compensation starts at 15$/hr.
General Duties- Essential Functions
· Use Adobe Illustrator to transcribe retailer compliance labels. Variable test result data, metrc IDs and differing partner cultivator branding are examples of essential and extremely important changes made for every batch. Having attention to detail is an understatement, you must be obsessively aware of numbers, texts, colors, sizes, alignment and features designed.
· Print multiple sized batch labels through multiple printers at the same time using Bar Tender printer software. During active printing also keep print count, feedstock alignment, ink levels, rewinds, and roll supply.
· Visually inspect printed labels for quality to ensure final product is manufactured at very high level of company standards.
· Manage the Print Batch Log.
· Maintain performance and calibrations for all printing equipment and troubleshoot any related hardware and software issues.
· Upload photos, graphics, content to website and help manage the menu updates online.
· Weekly inventory of ink, labels and all other items related to the print production process.
· Maintain a very clean and organized workspace.
· Understand and follow established company policies, procedures, and recognized practices.
· Aid operations such as packaging, edibles, seasonal garden work, seed to sale tracking, storage, transport, security, build outs, moves, apiary related, and other miscellaneous work flow as needed.
· Manage confidential information with integrity. Assume all work and related is confidential.
Skills, Certifications, and Physical Capabilities Required
· 21 years or older with current OLCC Marijuana Workers Permit with reliable transportation.
· Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, LightRoom, Creative Cloud, G Suite, Workbook, Database, Word Processing programs and e-mail communication.
· Experience in graphics design, startup brand creation, social media, public relations, and/or innovative content production.
· Ability to work in fast paced environment under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude.
· Handle multiple assignments simultaneously, balancing shifting priorities and meeting all deadlines within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
· Dexterity in wrists, hands and fingers.
· Visual acuity; eyesight correctable to 20/20 with normal color, peripheral perception, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
· Body agility, ability to bend, stoop, crouch, squat, twist, reach at, above and below shoulder height; frequently lift 25-40lbs, carry 25-40lbs, and push/pull 30-50lbs. Use pallet jack, truck, wheeled carts.
· Ability to stand for duration of 8 hour shift, working in environment with high noise level, temperature extremes, sunlight, artificial lighting, exposure to gases, chemicals and airborne particles.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals and to apply concepts of algebra and manipulate equations (i.e. unit conversion equations).
· Knowledge and compliance with federal, state, OLCC, and city rules and regulations.
· Neat handwriting.
· Frequent daily communication conveying facts and information. Discuss difficult or unique issues promptly, clearly and with calculated thought. Must be able to admit mistakes immediately.
· Have awareness of boundaries, schedules and impacts on others. Your performance directly impacts other employees, business productivity and the greater shared universe around us.
· Generally, be open, adaptable, quick learning, curious, positive, and kind. Complimentary skills such as IT, videography, editing, file organization and database creation/management also valued
Any employee who needs accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job should communicate with his or her supervisor. We will work with an employee to evaluate whether there is a reasonable accommodation that does not pose an undue hardship on the company.