Marketing Communications Manager
When it comes to high-performance technical gear, the most discerning customers choose our stores, www.OpticsPlanet.com, www.CampSaver.com, and www.Dvor.com for our unmatched value proposition of great prices, free shipping on most orders, the widest selection (over 1 million products) and excellent customer service (rated A+ by the BBB!) We’re proud of all that – and what makes it possible is that the most talented professionals in the Chicago area choose to work at OpticsPlanet.
Our flagship store, OpticsPlanet is a leading internet retailer devoted to the passions and professions of our customers. From hunting or sports shooting to service in the military or law enforcement, we are a destination for millions of people each month. For twenty years, OpticsPlanet, Inc., now Ecentria, built a cutting-edge platform that powers ecommerce heavyweights that have ranked on Internet Retailer’s Top 500 list for years. We are experiencing a new phase of explosive growth and opportunity, and that means adding more talented and passionate individuals to our existing diverse and professional team. Our casual, fast-paced environment has seen us recognized as one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For" by the Chicago Tribune! In addition to a challenging position, employees at all levels can find extensive opportunities for advancement and career growth, and full-time employees enjoy a popular set of benefits and perks. OpticsPlanet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are looking for a strong & effective Marketing Communications Manager professional to take our Brands and Online Stores to a whole new level by building robust and dynamic Marketing Programs. The primary goals of this position are to manage our Brands’ message and reputation across all channels, develop and implement content strategies to strengthen our positioning and value proposition. You will drive and develop a team focusing on social media, content development, and Brand messaging strategies and will work to deliver measurable success and contribute to the company’s bottom line while working closely with all for the teams within the Marketing department. Our company puts a strong emphasis on online communications which requires a successful candidate to have experience with the latest social channels as well as effective positioning practices and strategies.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, oversee execution and measure results of all creative and content projects across various communications channels including social media, our web properties, and with our marketing partners.
- Effectively manage and develop the Communications Team including copywriters and communication specialists
- Develop and implement a plan that supports the value proposition for our stores and brands, one of which is informational content strategy to help our customer base discover and buy products for their needs
- Identify potential industry marketing partners and build those relationships while developing long term marketing programs
- Build and deploy a reputation management strategy
- Contribute to creating fully integrated consumer programs/campaigns
- Promote expansion into new category offerings, products, and store launches
- Develop & implement brand building & brand management strategies across various web and digital channels for our stores, our brands, and our companies
- Maintain high-standard consistent company and store & brand messaging and editorial guidelines
- Assist with the management of our media portfolio (especially online)
- Assisting with media production (photography & videography)
Qualifications, Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree is required, with emphasis on Business, Marketing, Communications, or Public Relations
- 3-year minimum experience in the Digital Marketing industry, specifically within retail or agency environment
- Retail/e-commerce experience is a must, knowledge of SEO and online marketing concepts is a plus
- Personal or professional experience in either the sporting goods, hunting, law enforcement, military, astronomy, birding and/or eyewear industries is required
- Proven ability to drive successful results and understanding how communications can contribute to a company’s bottom line
- High comfort level with software and technology especially Microsoft Office, internet, and analytics/reporting tools (i.e. Google Analytics)
- Extreme attention to detail: communication, messaging, writing, presentation
- The ability to present our company and brands from multiple angles
- Strong knowledge of the English language
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods
- Positive attitude and strong work ethics, ability to multitask and perform in a fast-paced environment is a must
- A sharp mind with the ability to grasp concepts quickly and work out complex situations
- Office perks include free coffee and tea, ping pong table, pool table, dart board, pinball machine, Xbox/ps4, onsite gym, Friday game club and various company sponsored events and parties.
- Flexible work schedule, paid time off for vacations and company holidays.
- 401K, employee discount purchase program, life insurance, health, vision and dental benefits
Working conditions – If applicable
This job will require the individual to work with teams from different locations within and outside of US.
OpticsPlanet, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. OpticsPlanet, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Why Work Here?Ecentria is a fast-growing global organization with a strong emphasis and a deep commitment to resources for building an award-winning corporate culture which includes an on-site fitness center, numerous company parties & charity events, and a career path program as well as career training.
Awesome CEO, great benefits and a lot of room for growth!