Eberstein & Witherite, LLP
Job Title: Personal Injury Legal Assistant
Job Status: Full-time | Non-Exempt | Hourly
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Eberstein & Witherite, LLP is a personal injury law firm specializing in motor vehicle accidents. Our attorneys and staff are committed to helping our injured clients in ways uncommon in the legal industry and we never stop until they receive the service and support they rightly deserve. We Keep Life Running for our clients so they can focus on healing, taking care of their families, and getting their lives back together.
We are a Top 100 Places to Work firm (2015-2019) and are seeking an experienced File Clerk to join our team. This role is responsible for assisting lawyers and case managers, preparing correspondence, tracking documents, and related duties.
- Possess a working knowledge of personal injury cases in litigation
- Effectively manage a case load of 50 - 80 cases
- Accurately track case data in case management software
- Ability to operate in a 'paperless' environment, and to organize, distribute case documents digitally
- Responsible for preparing for and assembling Trial Binders and other case documents
Desired Skills & Experience
- Proficient in personal injury law involving motor vehicle accidents
- Excellent organizational skills with outstanding attention to detail
- Professional appearance and behavior
- Ability to maintain a high degree of discretion dealing with confidential information
- Minimum of 2 years of experience, preferably in a plaintiffs personal injury law firm
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills on the phone, in person and email
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking, and critical thinking abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Case Management software (Needles preferred)
High school diploma or GED; college degree or paralegal certification a plus
Office environment with normal business hours necessary to satisfactorily perform job functions. Some overtime may be required in order to timely accomplish work demands.
This job description is intended to describe the primary duties and functions of the job but is not intended to be all-inclusive of the tasks and duties that may be assigned. Other tasks necessary to the daily functions of the firm may be required of the individual in this position.