- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The primary responsibility of the Manufacturing Engineer is to analyze new product proposals and designs, provide manufacturing input into product design for manufacturability, determine the optimum manufacturing process, and provide new product costing and implementation timing.
- Interpret new product proposal drawings and determine manufacturability based on required tolerances and GD&T.
- Determine the optimal and most cost-effective manufacturing process for new and existing product designs using primary manufacturing processes of stamping (automatic coil feed and secondary single-hit presses), laser cutting, brake press forming, CNC & manual machining, screw machining, MIG and resistance welding, polishing, orbital riveting, assembly, packing and shipping.
- Specification of the manufacturing routing of new and existing products based on the optimum process flow.
- Provide estimated process output in pieces/hour and establish labor rates in new and existing manufacturing routings for new and existing products.
- Provide input to new tooling and existing tooling upgrades for raw material processing for quoting.
- Interact with equipment vendors and internal operations and manufacturing engineering and tooling resources for optimal manufacturing process definition.
- Has overall responsibility for quoting complete manufacturing cost for new and existing product designs including tooling, manufacturing cost, and assembly labor cost.
- Recommend make vs. buy decisions based on an assessment of internal manufacturing capability.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Project manages the execution of new product introduction by coordinating prototype and pilot manufacturing operations and overseeing initial process runs through PPAP approval.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Minimum Education, Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to interpret product drawings. Knowledge of GD&T (Geometric Design & Tolerancing) required.
- 5-10 years of experience in industrial manufacturing with experience with stamping, raw material forming, and machining required.
- Experience with manual stopwatch time study required. Experience with pre-determined methods such as MTM is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with APQP and PPAP requirements including process flow, PFMEA, and work instructions preferred.
- AutoCAD preferred, 3D Modelling a plus.
- Knowledge in Lean Manufacturing (Toyota Production System) is a plus.
- Strong commitment to quality. ISO9001-215, IATF16949 background.
Attributes & Competencies:
1. 80-20 Results-Driven mentality.
2. Agile & Flexible to the demands of the business.
3. Teamwork & Relationship building across the company.
4. Critical Thinking & Strategic planning.
5. Initiative & Decision-making.
6. Analysis & Quality of work.
7. Written & Verbal communication.
8. Continuous Improvement mindset.
Eberhard ManufacturingWhy Work Here?
Eberhard is a growing company looking for strategic team members to help us in our journey to meet our long-term plans.
Eberhard is a global leader in the design and manufacturing of engineered access and security solutions. Our vision is to dramatically grow our company by delivering solutions that empower our customers’ brands. Our mission is focused on attaining the voice of the customer, the development of our team, and the continuous improvement of our capabilities to drive sustained and profitable growth. Eberhard operates from strategic locations in the USA, Mexico, China, and Taiwan. We are a proud division of The Eastern Company, founded in 1859. (Nasdaq Stock ticker: EML).
21944 Drake Rd.Strongsville, OH