Retail Sales Associate
EbLens East Hartford, CT
- Posted: over a month ago
Since 1949 we’ve maintained a heritage of leadership, innovation, service, and style
With great hope, energy, and a shoestring budget, friends Ebner "Eb" Glooskin and Leonard "Len" Seaman, opened a small "Workingman's" store in New Britain, Connecticut. Their roadmap to success was simple - provide quality products, offer them at fair prices, and deliver it all to customers through great service. On a cold February morning in of 1949 the first EbLens would open for business. Little did Ebner and Leonard know that one day their first store would be joined by dozens more; not only in Connecticut but throughout Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New York State, and New Hampshire
Fast forward through decades of continuous operation, and you will find the team at EbLens still working hard to provide the very best retail experience to their customers. After years of supplying all the necessities for work, and a shift into army & navy surplus, today’s EbLens has risen from selling essentials to the whole family to a premiere retail destination delivering the best and most sought after fashion inspired by today’s urban lifestyle
Times have changed since we opened our first store, and after years of serving countless customers, we have too. For the latest information on our products, events or promotions check us out at eblens.com or follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. But after more than 65 years some things never change. We’d still prefer you drop-in to one of our many convenient locations and see for yourself how Eb & Len are at it again!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide excellent customer service. including greeting and helping customers
- Process weekly shipment deliveries of clothing and footwear
- Help maintain the store. including folding, straightening merchandise, sweeping, dusting, etc
- Using the cash register to help process customer purchases
- Making sure they are on-time for scheduled shifts
- Product knowledge: including knowledge of trending fashion in footwear and clothing
- Students must have a grade point average of C- or better. They must also have good time and attendance. REPORT CARD WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF INTERVIEW
- Strong communication skills: verbal and written.
- Previous retail experience helpful, but not mandatory.
- Casual dress code
- Employee discount
- Weekly pay
Powered by JazzHR
AddressEast Hartford, CT
RetailView all jobs at EbLens