Eaton's Hydraulic Fluid Conveyance division is currently seeking a Shipping & Receiving Operator to join our first shift team. This position is based at our Newbern, TN facility.
The primary function of the Shipping & Receiving Operator is to support the timely shipment of all products. This position will operate a forklift to load pallets on to trailers, perform the required system transactions and paperwork preparation for shipments daily, and will schedule economical freight carriers to ensure on-time delivery at minimal cost. The position will utilize various computer software such as MFGPro ERP system, ARC shipping system, and Excel spreadsheets. This job consists of approximately 50% forklift work and 50% computer work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Maintain a safe work environment and use proper safety devices as provided. Abide by and actively promote all facility safety guidelines and quality procedures.
- Lead and assist continuous improvement activities, especially around setup reduction.
- Assist with the development of operators and assuring standard procedures are followed.
- Be accountable for metrics related to machine uptime.
- Be responsible for maintaining and improving our Setup Reduction and Standard Work.
- Ensure all material is provided for next run per the production schedule and assist with set up of machines.
- Fill in for any other LL position as instructed by the shift supervisor.
- Aid in development and continuous improvement of Standardized Work documentation on an on-going basis.
- Maintain a channel of communication between management and departmental personnel on shift cross-over.
- Monitor productivity to ensure that established quality and production levels are maintained to support the plant mission statement.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company - are stronger.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be able to work legally in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the work location will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office production such as Excel, Word and Outlook are preferred
- This position requires an individual who contributes individually and jointly to the success of the area, department, and facility
- Minimum 1-year fork truck experience is preferred but not required
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.