Automation and Controls Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Hiring Immediately! Starting rate from $33.85 - $44.82. RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE.
DAY ONE BENEFITS OFFERED & MORE!
**Eaton's Electrical Division is seeking a 1st
shift Automation and controls technician to join our team. This position is based at our Lincoln, IL location. **
The automation and controls technician will plan, layout, install, maintain, program, and trouble shoot electrical equipment and electronic controls. This includes PLC’s and motion control devices. You will also perform mechanical tasks associated with the above situations.
In this function you will:
- Create specifications for electrical systems and wiring diagrams for associated automation controls system and equipment and be able to create new code independently to control computerized systems and robotic devices.
- Be required to program using various programming languages including but not limited to PLC Ladder Logic and Visual Basic.
- Work from complicated drawings, specifications, or wiring diagrams and have a hands-on knowledge of electricity and electronics.
- Ability to work without drawings and create such drawings when necessary for project work and keep current with new developments in the field.
- Be required to direct the work of helpers, instruct plant emergency response members.
- Adhere to all facility safety guidelines and encourage communication and participation of personnel to further identify and reduce/eliminate potential hazards. Constant care is required to prevent injury to others.
- Perform work in accordance with National Electrical Code Requirements.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required from an accredited institution
- Must have a minimum of 8-10 years of experience as a maintenance electronics technician and PLC controls in a manufacturing/operations environment
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call 412-893-3600 or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
You should be proficient in:
- Electrical Schematics
- Troubleshooting Industrial Automation Equipment
$33.85 - $44.82 / hr
ManufacturingView all jobs at Eaton Corporation
Get fresh Automation Controls Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.