Automotive Dealership Controller 9848
EasyCare Recruiting Atlanta, GA
- Posted: 15 days ago
The Controller provides sales and expense analyses for all departments. Fairly represents the financial condition of the dealership, develops controls necessary for the proper conduct of the business, and maintains accurate records. This position interacts daily with Accounting Associates, Sales Associates, Service Managers, support staff and customers, just to name a few.
The Controller is a key position that reports to the General Manager and the Corporate CFO. The Controller supports the entire accounting function and financial reporting for our dealership. This position will work closely with management and other departments to help ensure harmonious and productive operations, which will help maximize the success of the dealerships. Successful Candidates must be able to maintain excellent business relations with customers, both internally and externally. Candidates will also be expected to help develop and motivate accounting associates to ensure that performance metrics are being met or exceeded.
Other essential responsibilities:
- Prepare complete financial statements and submit to the manufacture and management in accordance with established timeframes
- Interpret and analyze financial statements
- Keep the General Manager informed on the trends and cash needs of the business
- Develop and maintain an effective cash management system
- Manage the day to day accounting operations of the store to ensure that all transactions are recorded in compliance with dealership accounting processes and policies
- Close the books accurately each month
- Prepare and submit required statements and reports
- Manage and safeguard the stores assets and ensure that internal controls are in place
- Assist department managers in reading and interpreting their financial reports and in creating action plans needed to improve their operation
- Respond to request for information and assistance in a timely manner
- Work with General Manager to improve revenue or reduce expense in order to meet or exceed budget and grow the business
- Work with staff to ensure that corporate initiatives are attained
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Three years of experience in a dealership position (preferred)
- Working knowledge of dealership financial statements
- Ability to explain technical financial information in an understandable manner
- Excellent communication skills
Compensation and Rewards include:
- Competitive Salary
- Performance Bonus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Today, APCO Holdings, Inc., is a leading marketer and administrator of automotive aftermarket products sold throughout the United States. With more than 30 years of experience, we offer a full suite of driver F&I benefits, innovative dealer services and industry-leading customer service. We proudly hold an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, and our benefits are the industry’s only MOTOR TREND Recommended “Best Buy.” APCO Holdings’ majority shareholder is Toronto-based Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, Canada’s largest single-profession pension plan.
Knowing that something had to be done about the negative connotation that was so readily associated with the car buying and servicing experience, Larry Dorfman set out to change the paradigm in 1984: create ultimate peace of mind with premier driver benefits, and superior customer satisfaction starting from the vehicle purchase, through the span of the vehicle ownership, and back to the next vehicle purchase. The idea soon turned into a business concept that worked, and in the early 1990’s, Automobile Protection Corporation (APCO) and its EasyCare brand became recognized on a national scale. Today, APCO Holdings, Inc., is a leading marketer and administrator of automotive aftermarket products sold throughout the United States. With more than 30 years of experience, we offer a full suite of driver F&I benefits, innovative dealer services and industry-leading customer service. We proudly hold an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, and our benefits are the industry’s only MOTOR TREND Recommended “Best Buy.” APCO Holdings’ majority shareholder is Toronto-based Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, Canada’s largest single-profession pension plan.
Finance and Insurance