- $75,000 to $100,000 Yearly
Eastridge Workforce Solutions is partnering with a general industrial contractor in its search for a Project Engineer. Our Phoenix, AZ, client encompasses aerospace, chemical, electric power, food and beverage, and oil and gas, among other industries. This is an on-site, direct-hire opportunity offering competitive compensation and benefits. Company helps with relocation if necessary. For immediate consideration, apply today.
Recent grads welcome!
If you are a recent graduate in construction management we value fresh perspectives and are committed to helping you kick-start your career with hands-on experience and mentorship opportunities
As a Project Engineer you will:
- Learn and become proficient in the following functions within the Project Controls department
- Utilization of cost code types/phrase
- Development of booking sheets, including selection of cost codes
- Accurately input and update labor plans in PTM
- Develop and maintain fundamental project schedule utilizing Primavera P6
- Assist project team with budget forecasting
- Gain experience in forecasting project outcomes
- Exposure to use of specialized tools such as OBSR
- Able to seek help to troubleshoot systems issues
- Able to develop basic change orders for review
- Become knowledgeable in the following functions of the Estimating department
- Perform basic piping quantity takeoff
- Develop material lists based on current engineering specifications
- Assist project team with development of proposals
- Learn to write clarifications
- Understand basis of estimating units such as MCA or Hang and Tack
- Learn time and material rate structures for estimating at your site
- Basic understanding of labor rate development and definition of costs
- Learn and be able to perform the following functions within the Purchasing and Tool & Equipment departments
- Assist in field purchases and maintain and communicate daily logs to offices
- Requisition rental equipment, small tools, and consumables from company Equipment Department
- Requisition Third Party Rentals via the Purchasing Department and maintain onsite rental equipment logs
- Understand the commercial terms and conditions for projects
- Understand and gain exposure to craft labor agreements
- Understand and gain exposure to various contract strategies and types
- Attend and participate in Construction Operations Meetings
- Learn and be able to perform accounting system functions including
- Prepare daily and weekly field time sheets accurately
- Understands craft pay rates and overtime rules
- Mentor new foremen in payroll procedures
- Write layoff checks when at remote site locations
- Understand cash flow and participate in invoice preparation and collection of accounts receivable
- Understand the company value of “Customers for Life”
- Actively participate in customer entertainment outside of the normal workday and begin to develop relationships with customers
- Understand the various customer relationships that our client maintains
- Attend Risk Management training to begin to understand levels of risk that the company will accept on projects
- Understand limitations of authority in taking on risk for the company
- Demonstrate participation in the company’s safety value “We dedicate ourselves to Zero Injury Performance”
- Attend Safety Training as follows
- OSHA 10, ASSET training, Weekly Toolbox Talks
- Learn to perform safety audits and perform at least one per week
- Learn to recognize unsafe behaviors in the field as well as how to prevent and stop these behaviors.
- Participate in company Safety Incentive programs and in daily safety planning activities.
- Participate in Quality Action Teams and actively seek areas where we can improve day to day operations and procedures
- Read and understand the company Marketing Plan and assist in pursuit of projects that are in line with the Marketing Plan
- Attend training courses on Quality Orientation, Time Management, Active Listening, Risk Management, plus Hobart Welding School and Crane/Rigging training, in addition to Safety Training above
- Communicate, through the appropriate channels, any observations of noncompliance with the Guiding Principles and Core Values of the company or other violations of policy or illegal actions
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction, Mechanical, Civil Engineering or Management is preferred
- Internship experience during undergraduate coursework or up to 10 years of Industrial construction experience
Eastridge Workforce Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please note that Eastridge is unable to provide visa sponsorship to applicants.
We value diverse experiences, including prior contact with the criminal legal system, and applicants with criminal histories are encouraged to apply.Certain clients require Eastridge to perform background checks and Eastridge will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with any applicable federal, state, or local law regarding criminal backgrounds.
TechnologyView All Eastridge Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.