Eastridge Workforce Solutions is NOW HIRING Material Handlers for a global organization and leader in fire suppression systems in Scottsdale, AZ. Eastridge offers long term career opportunity with potential for growth, competitive pay, weekly pay, benefits, and a great company culture. We offer up to $19/hour, Monday - Friday 8:30 AM to 8:00 PM.
We are seeking applicants with a minimum of 2 years of international shipping experience. Big plus if you have Hazmat experience.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Prepares shipments for postal or commercial conveyance; determines most economical and efficient shipping method; selects appropriate shipping container; packs items to ensure safe delivery.
- Prepares bills of lading; checks items to be shipped against work orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
- Receives and unloads incoming materials and compares information on packing slip with purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment; may process return shipments from customers.
- Sorts, counts, packages, labels, insures, unpacks, and/or logs inventory which is shipped or received.
- Inspects shipments for damages or defects; records discrepancies or damages and notifies supervisor and/or purchasing personnel.
- Delivers received goods to appropriate dept.
- Traces lost shipments and/or customer claims of lost shipments; initiates proof of delivery documents.
- Maintain department database, prepare routine reports, and file shipping/receiving records.
- Tracks spending on outgoing freight.
- Follows established Company and departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives.
- Guides, and trains employees performing related work.
- Always Maintains Safety and Quality Standards.
A background check will be requested upon conditional job offer. High School diploma or GED required.
Eastridge Workforce Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.