3rd shift Production Supervisor needed!
Well established manufacturing company in Orange County now hiring! Company offers competitive pay and room for growth as well as great benefits.
This is a great opportunity to be part of our exciting team.
The ideal candidate will be directly responsible for production on the job site during the assigned shift, for facility safety and will be responsible for staff assignments, equipment operation, layout and fabrication of Core production. In addition, the Core Production Supervisor will determine material needs and orders accordingly. Establishes and leads continual improvement to increase productivity, reduce waste, and improve quality throughout Manufacture.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for safety inspections, procedures and regulations, scheduled maintenance, and supervision of crew members.
* Ensure strict adherence to corporate values in complying with all environmental, safety, local laws and regulations.
* Provide leadership and supervision in the start-up, shutdown, and operation of associated pultrusion equipment.
* Will be responsible for pultrusion set up, run, adjust, changes dies, equipment and trouble shoot equipment and/or process issues as required to meet shift assignments.
* Provide training, coaching, counseling, rewarding, and disciplining associates as required.
* Make adjustments as necessary to produce product within specifications. Reject product outside of specifications.
* Understanding of proper pultrusion processes like material feeding, fiberglass splices, dealing with knots, tangles, tears, and material ends while being able to demonstrate problem solving skills.
* Monitoring and documentation of monitored data including: pull force, speed, temperature consistency, resin level, room temperature and humidity. Notifying a qualified individual of any discrepancies of core or improper material feeding.
* Observation and attentiveness to machine and core in order to detect and prevent possible malfunctions (audible and visual). Responsible for recognizing and alerting supervisors of anything unusual.
* Read and interpret gauges, record measurements, document batch measurements, and accurately complete process control logs.
* Maintain a safe work environment, thoroughly read the Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for the proper handling of materials, follow operating and maintenance instructions for tools and machinery, and utilize relevant manuals for proper operating procedures.
* Provide Production Manufacture data and participation to the company’s monthly KPI (Key Process Indicators) presentation
* Oversee operations metrics (Key Process Indicators [KPI]) program for Manufacture: Non-Conforming Material (NCR), manufacturing defects, productivity, continuous improvement
This is a partial list of required duties and responsibilities. The performance of other duties not listed may become necessary as production conditions dictate.
* Leadership * Attention to detail * Communication skill-verbal and written * Data collections skills * Problem analysis and problem solving
* Planning and organizing * Judgment * Decision –Making * Teamwork
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence, and effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to employees.
* Regularly required to stand and walk and use hands to finger, handle, and feel. Also frequently required to reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, and hear. Must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
* Able to start and stop production equipment, operate powered industrial equipment, and operate software for tracking preventive maintenance.
* Knowledge of all tooling and calibration, as well as knowledge of all production paperwork including: core production set-up sheets, process logs, reel and resin logs, testing request forms, and work orders.
* Ability to read and interpret gauges, record measurements, safety rules, SDS (Safety Data Sheets), operating and maintenance instructions, and any relevant manuals.
* Ability to stand for an 8-10 hour shift.
* Use of hands and arms to lift, handle, pour, clean, install, and position materials and tools/machinery, and to otherwise manipulate things.
"Eastridge Workforce Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.”