Sailboat Welding Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
- $20 Hourly
Eastport Spar & Rigging needs an experienced Welder or recent welding school graduate to join our team. We are looking for a hardworking individual who enjoys meeting challenges and surpassing customer expectations. The ideal candidate must have a background in stainless and aluminum TIG welding and marine fabrication. Welding work will be completed on-site and at neighboring marinas in Anne Arundel County. We are looking for reliable long-term candidates who are looking for a secure and rewarding form of employment.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Read and interpret project plans, blueprints and other written instructions and diagrams to perform task at hand
· Perform TIG and other types of welding based on project needs
· On site welding of stainless and aluminum boat parts and structures
· Coordinate with field labor crew for efficient installations
Qualifications and Skills
· High School or equivalent education required
· 2+ years marine welding experience preferred
· Experience working on sailboats or knowledge of boating practices a plus
· Must have own transportation and ability to travel to jobs at nearby marinas in Anne Arundel County, local resident preferred
· Nonsmoking preferred
· Vaccination required
Salary: $20 per hour
Job Type: Full-time / 40 hours per week
Contact: John Callewaert: email@example.com
Eastport Spar & RiggingWhy Work Here?
Great opportunity to work outdoors and indoors on boats in a very nice environment on the Chesapeake Bay.
Small boat repair company specializing in spar and rigging work, fabrication, welding and general boat repairs.
4883 Church LaneGalesville, MD
ConstructionView all jobs at Eastport Spar & Rigging