Engineering Sales Support - 1182568
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position Summary: This position will be a sales support resource. The position requires working knowledge and the application of hydraulic components and systems including hydraulic, electrical, controls, pneumatic and mechanical / electro-mechanical hardware. This role will require the review and understanding of customer requirements and communicating that information to engineering so we meet and exceed the customer expectation. One must demonstrate the ability to communicate, collaborate and cooperate with a team, promote systems capabilities to the sales force and customer base, and act as a liaison for engineering and customer services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The specific duties of the position are listed below.
- Interpret customer and salespersons supplied information to assist in creating a scope of expectations / work definitions.
- Assert diligent efforts to ask all the necessary questions which lead to profitable engineered system solution for the customer.
- Act as an extension of engineering to promote engineering systems capabilities to both internal and external customers.
- Interface with customers directly to support design as well as continue to work towards the customers complete satisfaction.
- In cases where no Territory Manager is assigned, act as the direct contact to the customer for solutions offering.
- Work with other departments as required during the project, including accounting, shipping, contracts, etc.
- Lead and or provide oversite / assistance of installation, start-up, troubleshooting efforts on systems and potentially systems provided by others.
- Leverage the full scope of capabilities offered by the company.
- Promote and sell full scope solutions.
- Self-Motivated, persistent, and dependable
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills
- Demonstrates a proactive approach to leading a project
- Is committed to delivering High Quality Systems that exceed the customers needs
- Strong Attention to Detail
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers
- High energy, the ability to multi-task, and manage ever changing priorities.
- Open to new ideas and ways of doing things
- Personable and professional
- Multi-trade experience including hydraulic, controls, or gas/air type systems as well as electrical systems.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including word, excel, PowerPoint and Project to support customer letters, project updates, email, reports, group meeting preparation and training support.
- Physical requirement - able to lift up to 75 lbs. and perform job site inspections which might require the use of ladders or some minor physical exertion.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Individual must be a team player.
- Must promote goodwill both internally and externally, inter-departmentally.
- Maintain all company owned assets and equipment as if it is your own.
- Bachelors degree (Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering preferred.) or relevant Technical degree and/or minimum two years sales experience, preferably in the industry.
- Certified Fluid Power Hydraulic Specialist certification is desired as well as other IFPS certifications including Maintenance and Pneumatic. The company will support the training towards this certification.
- Individual must complete all company training courses as required to ensure they have proper product knowledge.
- Develop a working knowledge of the industries we serve, quickly.
- Individual must be able to communicate and work well with customers, vendors, and company staff.
- Individual must possess the ability to read and interpret documents such as request for quotations, drawings, catalog data, operating and maintenance instructions and process manuals.
- Individual must have the ability to speak effectively before internal and external customers.
- A clear demonstration of the ability to speak English is mandatory. Partial or full understanding of Spanish and additional languages is a plus, not mandatory.
- Individual must be willing and able to drive legally and with no restrictions.
- Use of phone and computer mandatory.
- Overnight travel throughout the world as required.
- Passport is required for overseas travel
Confidentiality & Ethics:
- Protect all sources of revenues and maintain confidentiality on all company issues, including customer names, locations, buying habits, etc.
- Maintain company business ethics and standards of professionalism.
- Prior to hire, all new employees will sign a confidential information agreement, which protects all intellectual property of the employer.
- All personnel will demonstrate the highest professionalism and appearance with our customer base.
- We will win business through honest and safe means.
Eastlake Search Consultants
Get fresh Seller Support jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.