WHO WE ARE:
Together We Achieve Better Days: Easter Seals UCP creates opportunities, promotes individual choice, and changes the lives of children and adults with disabilities by maximizing their individual potential to live, learn, work, and play in their communities. We are Accountable, Committed, and Caring. These three words guide everything we do.
Our Multi-Systemic Therapy Program has a Full-Time opportunity for an MST Therapist to join their team servicing primarily (New Bern / Craven County) as well as Carteret County. If you’re looking for a rewarding, challenging position with a sustainable organization, we’d love to explore this opportunity with you.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
The MST Therapist will participate in a team approach designed to address the identified needs of children and adolescents with significant behavioral problems who are transitioning from out-of-home placements or are at risk of out-of-home placement and need intensive interventions to remain stable in the community.
- Conduct MST assessment including review of referral information, identifying and engaging key participants, identifying systemic strengths and weaknesses, and developing an analysis of the fit of problem behaviors within the ecological context.
- Provide services in-home, at school and in the community. Will spend the majority of time working outside of the office with or on behalf of individuals (families) receiving services.
- Engage primary caregivers and other key participants in active change-oriented treatment by identifying and overcoming barriers to engagement.
- Implement a problem conceptualization, treatment planning, intervention implementation, and outcome review and strategy revision procedure using the MST Analytic Process.
- Collaborate with all relevant systems and key participants within each system to ensure their buy-in and cooperation throughout MST treatment.
- Provide direct clinical treatment using methods compatible with MST principles and practices.
- First responder crisis response 24/7 to individuals (families) receiving the service. Flexible non-traditional hours (including but not limited to nights/weekends).
- Participate in all MST training, supervision, and consultation activities.
YOU’RE A GREAT MATCH FOR OUR TEAM IF YOU HAVE:
- Master’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or related subject area.
- Licensure recommended but not required. (provisional or full).
- Direct use of pragmatic (i.e. structural, strategic, and functional) family therapies.
- Individual therapy with children and adults using cognitive-behavioral techniques. Marital therapy using behaviorally-based approaches.
- Behavioral therapy targeting school behavior and academic performance.
- Implementation of interventions within or between systems in the youth’s natural ecology that affect or influence the behavior of youth (i.e. family, peer, school, and neighborhood
Preferred Knowledge with the following Theory & Applications
- Family Systems, Social-Ecological, Behavioral Therapies and Pragmatic Family Therapies
- Child development research and its application in treatment.
- Social skills assessment and intervention
- **Interested candidates may locate information about this treatment model on the internet at www.mstservices.com
WHAT EASTERSEALS UCP CAN OFFER YOU:
- Comprehensive Benefits Package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, and long-term and short-term disability insurance.
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Accrued Paid Time Off + 10 Paid Holidays.
- Company provided phone and laptop with IT Technical Support