WHO WE ARE:
Together We Achieve Better Days - Easterseals UCP creates opportunities, promotes individual choice, and changes the lives of children and adults with disabilities by maximizing their individual potential to live, learn, work, and play in their communities. We are Accountable, Committed, and Caring. These three words guide everything we do.
Our Child First Program currently has a Full-Time opportunity for a Licensed Clinician to join their team supporting New Bern and the surrounding area within Craven County. This is an immediate need and will start pending the interview & selection process. If you're looking for a rewarding, challenging, new role with a sustainable organization we would love to explore this opportunity with you.
The Mental Health and Developmental Clinician partners with a Family Resource Partner to engage families who are referred to the Child First home-based intervention. Child First’s primary goal is to strengthen the caregiver-child relationship so that it serves both as a protective buffer to unavoidable stress and directly facilitates the child’s emotional, language, and cognitive growth.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Engage with the Child First family and the Family Resource Partner in the collaborative family assessment process (i.e., gather information from interviews, observations of interactions and play, reviewed records, collateral sources, and standardized measures).
- Use all available information to develop a thoughtful, well-integrated clinical formulation and Child and Family Plan of Care, in partnership with the Family Resource Partner and family.
- Provide Child First home-based psychotherapeutic intervention with young children and their caregivers using relational, dyadic psychotherapy (CPP) and other modalities.
- Provide mental health and developmental assessment and consultation within early care and education settings and to other early childhood providers.
WHAT EASTERSEALS UCP CAN OFFER YOU:
- Comprehensive Benefits Package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, and long-term and short-term disability insurance.
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Accrued Paid Time Off + 10 Paid Holidays.
- Flexible Schedule & Partial remote work from home.
- Center & Community based cases with Lead-RBT assigned to support caseload.
- Unique to EastersealsUCP Autism Services Program: Dynamic Full-Time staff including - BCBA-D, Clinical Leads, and Clinical Director.
- Limited administrative responsibilities.
- Company provided phone and laptop with IT Technical Support
- CEU stipend
YOU’RE A GREAT MATCH FOR OUR TEAM IF YOU HAVE:
- Master’s or Doctoral level mental health provider (e.g., LCSW, LMFT, clinical psychologist, other), licensed in North Carolina required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working psychotherapeutically with culturally diverse children and families, including parent-child therapeutic work and play therapy with very young children (0-5 years). Past CPP training is highly valued.
- Openness to learning, capacity for self-reflection, and eagerness to participate in reflective clinical supervision.
- Knowledge of relationship-based, psychodynamic intervention and early child development; parent-child relationships and attachment theory; effects of trauma and environmental risks on early childhood brain development, especially violence exposure, maternal depression, and substance abuse; and community-level risk factors (e.g., poverty, homelessness).
- Experience providing mental health assessment and consultation to early care and education sites.