Who We Are:
Our Individual & Community Services (ICS) program enables individuals of any age living with an Intellectual or Developmental Disability to acquire and maintain skills that will allow them to live with greater independence in the community. Individual & Community Services (ICS) strives to help individuals living with (I/DD) to live their best possible life, providing support to the individual as well as their caregivers/guardians and natural support network.
Under the supervision of the Program Supervisor or designee, the Direct Support Paraprofessional provides respite, personal care and personal assistance and/or habilitative services to individuals supported by the ICS program. These services exclude those that are considered rehabilitative in nature.
We currently have immediate Part-Time opportunities for Direct Support Paraprofessionals who are fluent in Sign Language to join our ICS teams in Asheboro and Greensboro, NC. (Please mention preferred location when applying) Flexible Schedules (Days, Evenings and Weekends).
What We Need From You:
- High School diploma or equivalent required for all services provided.
- Two years’ experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities, preferred.
- Must be fluent in American Sign Language for the deaf.
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple responsibilities, and assigning priority to activities.
- Ability to manage the goals of multiple individuals and families on a timely basis.
- Must complete and maintain current Easter Seals UCP training curriculum, which includes, but not limited to the following:
- CPR/First Aid
- NCI (as appropriate)
- Medication Administration (as appropriate)
- OSHA/BBP training
- Core competencies and other trainings relevant to the position as defined by local program guidelines.
- Must have a valid, unrestricted, state appropriate driver’s license for the State of North Carolina.
- Must be able to pass a background check
What You Will Receive:
- Paid Training
- Flexible work Schedule
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- 529 NC National College Savings Program.
- Partnerships with BB&T and Coastal Credit union
- The opportunity to enrich the lives of the people you serve.