Direct Service Worker / After-School Program
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Easterseals UCP, a non-profit service provider in North Carolina & Virginia, is seeking caring and dedicated, “Direct Service Provider” (DSP) who is energetic and passionate about supporting kids (K-8) with disabilities and/or behavioral issues in After-School recreation program. Our Wilmington team has an immediate Part-Time opportunity (M-F 1:30p-5:30p) and 2 Saturdays a month.
Our Full-Day Summer Camp runs JUNE-AUG (M-F 9am-5pm) which also includes Teacher Work Days & School Holidays. The ideal candidate will be comfortable and able (21+) to drive/operate a passenger van. Will accommodate College Students with flexible class schedules.
What You’ll Do:
Under the supervision of the Recreation & Wellness Supervisor, you will provide support to kids (K-8) enrolled in our After-School Recreation program.
- Responsible for supporting individuals at learning and increasing skills in all areas of independence including, self-help skills, independent living skills, accessing community resources, and pursuit of leisure activities.
- Participate in all program activities while ensuring safety, health, hygiene, and nutritional needs are met. Lift and transfer individuals as needed.
- This position may have additional responsibilities of Vehicle Driver and/or Vehicle Monitor. The Vehicle Monitor is responsible for monitoring individuals supported while being transported to and from Empower Site including planned outings and fieldtrips.
How You’ll Benefit:
Being part of our team means we value and encourage your personal growth and development. We offer a competitive hourly rate, flexible schedules, and paid training for completing the required courses below to provide you with key skills to help serve our clients:
- CPR / First Aid
- Crisis Intervention Techniques
- Medication Administration
- OSHA/Bloodborne Pathogen (BBP)
- Seizure Management
- Other training courses relevant to this position and your growth.
What We’re Looking For:
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED and (21+) to drive/operate passenger van.
- One year of college or equivalent preferred.
- Two years of experience working with children or adults with developmental disabilities preferred
- Must have a valid, unrestricted, state-appropriate driver’s license and maintain current vehicle insurance.
If you’re looking for a rewarding career opportunity where you can make a huge difference in the daily lives of the people you'll support, then please apply now on our website: www.eastersealsucp.com
About Easterseals UCP NC & VA
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to helping children, adults and families living with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and mental health challenges live their best possible lives. Each year, we support over 22,000 children, adults, and families with more than 9 million hours of meaningful direct services and life-changing programs in 140 different locations.
We strive to attract and engage team members with diverse lived experiences. We intentionally seek out and value uniqueness across race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, personality, disability and age.
Easterseals UCP North Carolina & Virginia
Get fresh Direct Care Worker Part Time jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.