We are hiring in Rochester, NY! Join us at Easterseals NY Kessler Center for an exciting career as an IEP Coordinator.
Mission: Easterseals New York's mission is to spread help, hope and answers-http://www.easterseals.com/newyork/our-programs/
Easterseals is a standard-bearer for creating equity and access for people with disabilities and other barriers to long term self-sufficiency. For 100 years, Easterseals has been an indispensable resource for people and families living with disabilities. Throughout all life's moments -- from the extraordinary to the ordinary and everything in between -- Easterseals is here to help people and families realize and reach for their full potential.
Job Title: IEP Coordinator
Location: Rochester, NY
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Type: Full-time
IEP/Admissions Coordinator coordinates all administrative aspects of students' Individual Education Program. This position also provides administrative support to all Education staff; monitors implementation of the school curriculum; oversees curriculum training, and any curriculum adaptations for all students. The IEP/ Admissions Coordinator completes all admission related paperwork for entering students; maintains admission guidelines by writing, updating, and recommending changes to admission criteria, policies and procedures; markets the program and facilities by preparing and providing informational brochures; answers questions and conducts tours.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinate the scheduling, development and implementation of IEPs within the guidelines of federal law and ensures that all students placed in Special Education classes have an appropriate and functional IEP.
- Supervise the maintenance of accurate student files for students receiving Special Education services.
- Coordinate the monitoring of Special Education student records according to IDEA and state department requirements.
- Prepare and disseminate correspondence and notices regarding all phases of IEP development and student records.
- Supervise and maintain an accurate inventory of materials and equipment acquired by the Department of Special Education.
- Serve as the Extended School Year Program (ESYP) contact person for the school
- Monitor ESYP documentation according to state regulations.
- Serve as evaluation representative at initial conferences and interpret evaluation findings to parents at initial conferences as needed.
- Respond to all inquiries regarding Adult and Child Residential Services.
- Provide detailed information to consumers (current or potential), families and referral sources in a prompt and appropriate manner. Direct phone calls to other staff as appropriate to further information, support etc.
- Obtain information regarding referrals and make independent accurate determinations regarding appropriate program/services, consulting supervisor for exceptions. Must understand the medical and social factors that would be appropriate for placement within the specific program and level of care within the program.
- Complete the initial interview, gather all pertinent medical, social, educational and funding information. Interviews will be conducted in the environment most comfortable for the consumer and the family and may be held at Easterseals, the students' home, hospital or current placement. Coordinate the distribution, maintenance and receipt of all required documentation, according to State, Agency and referral sources.
- Manage and oversee all consumer related data collection, reporting and distribution functions while maintaining confidentiality and discretion.
- Contact current and potential referral sources frequently to facilitate and increase referrals to Agency programs and while anticipating and fulfilling referral source requirements. Host appropriate events for referral sources. Track referral information.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor's Degree in Education, Human Services, Administration.
- New York State certification as Special Education teacher preferred.
- Extensive experience writing and developing Individualized Education Programs (IEPs).
- Valid NYS driver's license and reliable transportation.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Why Work Here?Easterseals is a standard-bearer for creating equity and access for people with disabilities and other barriers to long term self-sufficiency
"Fantastic Company, and Opportunities to Grow!"