We are hiring in Rochester, NY! Join us at Easterseals NY for an exciting career as a Behavior Intervention Specialist.
Mission: Easterseals New York's mission is to spread help, hope and answers-http://www.easterseals.com/newyork/our-programs/
Easterseals is a standard-bearer for creating equity and access for people with disabilities and other barriers to long term self-sufficiency. For 100 years, Easterseals has been an indispensable resource for people and families living with disabilities. Throughout all life's moments -- from the extraordinary to the ordinary and everything in between -- Easterseals is here to help people and families realize and reach for their full potential.
Job Title: Behavior Intervention Specialist
Location: Rochester, NY
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Type: Full-Time
Position Summary: The Behavior Intervention Specialist will develop comprehensive behavioral intervention plans consistent with OPWDD regulations using positive, proactive approaches and emphasizing the development of replacement behaviors. Support the monitoring, data collection, and reporting of behavioral challenges and the growth of replacement behaviors.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supporting clients in reaching their goals and achieving greater independence.
- Implement Behavioral Support Plans and treatment plans (Res Hab or IPP) with fidelity.
- Maintain a clean and safe living environment for clients through cleaning and physical plant upkeep.
- Assist with day-by-day operations of the residence in accordance with regulatory requirements, agency policy, and quality program standards.
- Ensure an appropriate staff-to-client ratio at all times to individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Helping clients maintain their household by assisting with laundry, budgeting, cleaning, and shopping.
- Documenting daily activities.
- Partnering with the individuals' guardians, families, and treatment team.
- Assist with daily living activities, including preparing meals and assisting with personal hygiene.
- Facilitate an individual's independence in the community and other activities.
- Provide positive role-modeling.
- Transport individuals when needed for medical appointments and recreational activities.
- Complete all required documentation.
Experience and Education:
- Master's degree in psychology with 5 years' experience in behavioral support and functional analysis and/or Master's degree in human services field with continual behavioral support work since December 2012.
- Board Certified Behavioral Analyst (BCBA) certification preferred..
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Why Work Here?
"Fantastic Company, Great Pay and Opportunities to Grow!"