Full Time: Tuesday-Saturday 1pm-9pm plus $500 introductory bonus!
Do you wish to enrich the lives of individuals living with mental illness?
If YES, we may have the job for you!
Seeking a dedicated Residential Counselor to provide behavioral health services support to people with disabilities.
- Travels throughout county when necessary
- Effectively communicates with internal staff, participants, families and external agency when necessary
- Utilizes computer software on a daily basis – Electronic Health Record System
- Assists participants in daily living activities
- Maintains compliance for required certifications and trainings necessary to work with participants
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide on-site consumer resident supervision and support, including safety and cleanliness of residences and vehicles. All staff is to complete a walk through before the start of each shift and at the end of each shift to ensure a safe, clean environment.
- Respond in a timely manner to consumer complaints and grievances.
- Provide high quality services in accordance with Individual Rehabilitation Plans (IRP).
- Understands and operates under all ENJ policies and procedures and funding regulations.
- Billing of services is accurate and timely in accordance to policy and procedures via the electronic health record system.
- Oversee Environment of Care (EOC) process.
- Responsible for checking organization email to keep abreast of company news and organizational updates.
- Complete monthly medication audits and work with consumers in obtaining goals for the IRP.
- Provide new hire orientation partner shadowing.
- Maintains a safe clean environment of care that meets with the standard of safety and cleanliness for staff and consumers.
- Achieves high level of consumer and customer satisfaction.
- Delivers services that achieve quality, utilization, outcome and financial sustainability.
- Maintain compliance with all licensing, regulatory, accreditation and ESNJ policies and procedures.
- Ensure all training requirements are maintained in 100% compliance. All trainings are to be completed 14 days prior to the expiration date.
- Participate in quality improvement efforts to address new and on-going consumer care challenges.
One of the following is needed:
- Bachelor Degree in MH, health or human services or
- A combination of 1 or more yrs of college, plus related life or work experience equal to 4 years or
- HS or GED plus 4 yrs of related work or life experience.
- Must be computer literate and be able to learn new computer programs.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and an acceptable driving record.
- Effective verbal and written communication with internal and external stakeholders.
Easterseals NJ offers paid training, a generous benefit package including paid time off, 403(b) Retirement Plan, and more! For all details, visit www.eastersealsbenefits.com.