We are seeking a Sous Chef to join our team! You will thrive in a team oriented, fast-paced environment. Located in Boston's Kenmore Square, this is a great position for a motivated, organized Chef who wants to develop and fine tune leadership skills in a proven, professional setting. The Sous Chef team at Eastern Standard works together to oversee four meal periods, private events and hotel room service, while continually developing exciting seasonal menus. As a Sous Chef at Eastern Standard, you are supported by your peers yet given room to take ownership over specific projects and team members. This position is ideal for the candidate interested in growing into a Chef de Cuisine position.
- Oversee day-to-day culinary operations
- Coordinate produce, seafood, meat, dairy and kitchenware orders
- Uphold kitchen sanitation standards pertaining to food safety
- Assist in the creation and development of menu items
- Standardize recipes and plate presentations
- Work alongside cooks ever day as a teacher and mentor
- Work with management to create a memorable experience for guests
- Previous experience in culinary arts, cooking, or other related fields
- Knowledge of cost and labor systems
- Passion for food and cooking techniques
- Strong leadership qualities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Eastern Standard celebrates the modern brasserie, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, 7 days a week. The right candidate will influence both meat and fish preparation, classic sauces & stocks and a house made charcuterie program. Eastern Standard offers a competitive starting salary, benefits program and bonus structure. Eastern Standard is part of a larger restaurant group in the city of Boston. Previous Sous Chef experience is appreciated but not required.