Eastern Staffing & Recruiting is proud to be recruiting for a Service Engineer for our client in the automated engineering industry. This Service Engineer will serve as client support for hardware and software product installation, product support, customer service, and client product training purposes.
- Trains customers and internal employees on products, performance improvements and quality standards to ensure total customer satisfaction.
- Follows up with customers on performance by evaluating data-driven metrics and output results.
- Performs installations and support utilizing hand tools, multimeter, ability to read wiring schematics, mechanical skillset, and PLC ladder logic understanding.
- Performs system analysis of current workflow and proposed setup to improve customer efficiency and system effectiveness, including proposals to add, remove, or modify existing configurations and supporting peripherals.
- Consults with customers and internal management for final approval of proposed modifications and documentation.
- Assists the engineering department in the testing of new software and hardware.
- Develops recommendations to enhance or replace existing hardware and/or software based on customer experience.
- Submits written and accurate reports in a timely manner.
- Interacts with customers to analyze and solve hardware and software issues
- Disassembles and reassembles machines to repair or replace worn or malfunctioning components and consumables.
- Provides excellent customer service, listening carefully to customer concerns and addressing issues until the customer is satisfied
- Writes accurate and timely reports.
- Makes recommendations to the Customer Service management team to improve customer service or workflow efficiency.
- Assists in the testing, development of new software and hardware to enhance quantitative and qualitative customer needs.
- Drives continuous improvement for all customer service implementation and activities while upholding the highest standards of quality and professionalism.
- Gathers data, creates, composes, and edits user instructions and customer reports.
- Ensures that all related work is performed properly, efficiently, and in a cost-effective manner.
- College degree within an engineering concentration preferred. e.g. Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical, or Computer Sciences.
- 3+ years of experience in electro-mechanical or engineering role.
- Advanced technician level knowledge of installing, troubleshooting, and repairing electro-mechanical systems.
- Must have the ability to read blueprints, wiring schematics, and PLC controls.
- The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, highly organized, and possess high attention to detail.
- Must have excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Software Experience: MS 365, MS upgrades, Networks, Servers, and a basic understanding of MS SQL.
- Mechanical Experience: hand tools, power tools: drills, electric saws, rivet guns, and pallet jacks.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
A lot has happened in over 30 years; globalization, recessions, inflation, rebranding and the nature of our recruiting and business focus. What has not changed is our desire to be the best staffing and recruiting company out there.
Eastern Staffing & Recruiting
Why Work Here?Established in 1985, Eastern Staffing & Recruiting was created to provide an extensive range of workforce solutions; staffing, recruiting, and payroll servicing. From the beginning, our goals have always been to support people, build strategic partnerships and offer world-class solutions. A lot has happened in over 30 years; globalization, recessions, inflation, rebranding and the nature of our recruiting and business focus. What has not changed is our desire to be the best staffing and recruiting company out there.
We find great talent for outstanding opportunities.