Eastern Staffing & Recruiting Binghamton, NY
- Expired: August 04, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
Eastern Staffing & Recruiting is proud to be recruiting for an Electrical Engineer for our client in the manufactured engineering space. This position will be responsible for the development of new concepts and design for new products and applications, including proof of concept testing, prototyping, and firmware development.
- Designs and commissions industrial automation control systems, for internal and external customers that are made up of:
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Industrial Communication Networks (Ethernet/IP, DeviceNet, Profibus)
- Input/Output Interfaces (I/O)
- Variable Speed Motor Controls (AC / DC Drives)
- Fixed Speed Motor Controls (Starters, Soft starters)
- Human-Machine Interfaces (HMIs)
- Designs and manages detailed content of assembly drawings and specification control drawings associated with electronic designs.
- Generates Engineering reports, system interconnect drawings and other documentation.
- Selects evaluates and approves components and peripherals targeted for replacement and new applications.
- Works closely with equipment and component manufacturers, their representatives, and their distributors to resolve product issues and obtain current and future product data.
- Coordinates and oversees product safety and emissions compliance testing.
- Designs modifications to equipment to achieve compliance with testing requirements.
- Provides technical support to Manufacturing, Quality, and Customer Service on electrically-related manufacturing, testing, and product service issues.
- Supports Purchasing on procurement issues and supports Counting Technology with special hardware testing platforms and dispenser support.
- Acts as a liaison with vendors to solicit, recommend, approve and oversee work performed by subcontractors and outside vendors.
- Create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
- Develop functional specifications for PLC programming working with project engineers.
- Develop electrical drawings/schematics utilizing AutoCAD – with the understanding of control wiring, three phase motors, analog, and digital circuits.
- Bachelors Degree within Engineering. Candidates with a less education and comparable experience would also be considered.
- At least three years of experience within an Electrical Engineering position.
- Must have prior experience working with AutoCAD.
- Possesses and maintains a technical understanding of: Motor control theory, Control loop programming and tuning, Hardware design standards (NFPA-70, NFPA-79, UL 508, UL-1740, ANSI/ISA-S5.1 ), Industrial network configuration, Industrial control system troubleshooting
- Exposure to PLC, AC/DC, I/O, HMI’s would be a plus.
Qualified candidates, please apply.
For further information regarding this position please call us at 607-723-7058.
- Eastern Staffing & Recruiting is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veterans status or any other legally protected basis.
Eastern Staffing & Recruiting
ManufacturingView all jobs at Eastern Staffing & Recruiting