Overhead Door Technician
Eastern Lift Truck Co., Inc., a leader in forklift sales and service for over 40 years, was built on the motto "We're Known For Good Service." We provide excellent sales and service in all areas of the Material Handling Industry including Lift Trucks, Compactors and Balers, Commercial Dock and Overhead Doors, and Allied Solutions. Currently, we are seeking an experienced Overhead Door Technician to service accounts in the Greater Baltimore Area.
Our Overhead Door Technicians get paid for the actual time they spend working, not the time from a labor guide. All services are performed in the field at our client’s location. Technicians are provided a company service van/truck and are dispatched from their home. We provide an excellent work environment where mechanics are truly appreciated and receive the respect they deserve.
Main Duties - Overhead Door Technician:
- Oversees and assists in the correct, safe, and complete installation and repair of overhead door and dock leveling systems.
- Research and resolve issues to customer satisfaction within policy while interacting effectively with persons of diverse backgrounds.
- Performs commercial and industrial maintenance and repairs on a variety of overhead doors and dock leveling systems.
- Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical systems pertaining to the operation of overhead doors and dock leveling systems.
- Works from ladders, scaffolding, and aerial lifts. Wears PPE and fall protection.
- This position may require some evening and weekend work.
Requirements - Overhead Door Technician:
- A minimum of 2 years experience diagnosing, repairing, inspecting, and maintaining commercial dock levelers and overhead steel doors
- Working knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems
- Welding / fabricating experience a plus
- Individual must have their own tools
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds
- Excellent communication skills
- Good driving record
- Customer focused
- Stable work history
Eastern Lift Truck offers competitive wages and excellent benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Prescription Plan.
- 401k with company matches
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Basic and Supplemental life insurance policies
- Paid vacation and comp days
- Paid holidays
Eastern Lift Truck Company is proud to be a Yale "Dealer of Excellence." The "Dealer of Excellence" title is the highest honor bestowed by Yale Materials Handling Corporation and recognizes among other things, Eastern Lift Truck's high market share, visionary management, and superior customer service. Perhaps more importantly, Eastern Lift Truck Company has shown amazing consistency by earning this title each and every year since 1997! While we appreciate the recognition - We continue to work each day to earn this praise.
To learn more about our growing company, please visit our website at www.easternlifttruck.com.
***Eastern Lift Truck Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer***