At Eastern Insurance, we strive to be true to our customers, communities, and the valued employees who help us carry out our mission. If you're looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a company that offers a competitive salary and comprehensive employee benefits program, you've come to the right place.
To provide employee group benefit support in obtaining, maintaining, expanding and servicing typically mid-to-large sized accounts of moderate complexity. Works is performed independently under indirect supervision. Services the largest clients and resolves the most complex customer service problems. Good understanding of insurance agency business. Can act as an advisor or consultant to mid-to-large size clients with their employee benefit needs. Seeks assistance and/or input from department manager on an as needed basis.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provides technical support and servicing of senior-level client accounts in the processing of new business acquisitions, account maintenance renewal procedures, marketing collections and billings.
- Monitor claims experience, legislative compliance and current client business activities. Input of all client information into the network system as required by office standards and procedures.
- Ability to perform all tasks assigned to an account assistant or account manager in the day-to-day servicing and maintenance of Producer’s book of business in a timely, accurate and professional manner. Resolves the most complex customer problems.
- Provide quality professional service to senior-level client staff in all aspects and phases of existing insurance accounts in coordination with or in the absence of the Producer.
- Provide comprehensive marketing of accounts and develop market strategy as required. Provide accurate information to underwriters and respond to client request.
- Monitor expiration lists and initiate renewal process.
- Develop, coordinate and pull together client and insurance company renewal presentations and new account placement from start to finish without direct supervision.
- Present oral and written presentations to clients, client employees and prospects.
- Provides guidance to junior-level Account Managers, but no formal supervisory responsibilities.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or equivalent experience.
- 7 + Years in Broker or Insurance Company environment
- MA LAH License required.
- Professional designation may be preferred, including CEBS.
- Excellent communication, presentation, negotiation and math skills.