Provides treatments to patients by evaluating the function and selecting and applying appropriate treatments to improve or restore function. Participates in an interdisciplinary approach for in servicing and community education and in the clinical education of affiliating students. Potentially may be responsible for cross-site coverage.
- Graduate of an accredited program of Physical Therapy with a minimum of a B.S.
- Must hold or a current Connecticut license in Physical Therapy.
- This position requires an individual with strong English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must have personal computer skills and be proficient in the use of Windows based programs needed for department functions.
- Basic keyboarding and skill is desirable, but not required, in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and in search capabilities on the internet.
- Must have access to reliable transportation to travel between multiple work sites; and travel is required in order to perform essential duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILIITIES:
Disclaimer: Job descriptions are not intended, nor should they be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of the principal duties and responsibilities of this position. These responsibilities and competencies listed below may change from time to time.
1. Evaluates patients based on departmental standard.
2. Conducts and modifies evaluations based on the patient's symptoms, level of activity, and medical status establishing individualized, appropriate, measurable goals for each patient.
3. Treats patients with the appropriate and acceptable therapeutic exercises (strength, endurance, coordination, and ROM).