Sr. Project Manager
Eastern Computer Exchange is searching for an experienced Sr. Project Manager in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area to join our team. Successful candidates need to demonstrate leadership and flexibility, as well as the ability to build rapport with customers, team members, managers, and senior executives. The individual should be able to apply project management skills and methodology to manage others, mitigate potential risks, resolve key issues, and escalate assignments when appropriate.
· Assist Program Manager with enterprise-level Data Center projects for large companies with focus on EMC/Dell Storage and Servers, Cisco Networking and Servers, F5, Riverbed, VCE, and/or VMWare
· May also need to act as a business analyst or assist other managers with gathering data and requirements.
· Effectively use project lifecycle guidelines to drive program(s) from early feasibility through delivery, including adding creative innovations to the process as appropriate
· Use best-in-class project management techniques to achieve project goals on time with a high level of quality, while managing expectations of all stakeholders
· Update project plans, status reports, weekly tasks lists, timelines, risks and other project-related documentation as required
· Generate and update project documents, Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint slide decks.
· Leverage established Eastern PMO Best Practice Standards, develop & create/generate Statements of Work; Project Manage/drive all services and deliverables outlined in assigned customer executed Statements of Work
· Drives the definition and oversight of implementation schedules and resource allocation
· Drives the definition, tracking and communication of program execution metrics
· Drives program risk identification, issue tracking, & management
· Works cross-functionally within various internal, Customer and 3rd party resources to track the fulfillment of project requirements
· Drives consistent practices and incremental process improvement to gain efficiencies and improve project quality
· Partners with cross functional leaders for successful services enablement, knowledge transfer, documentation and project closeout
· Drive team collaboration to ensure successful delivery and outcome of projects
· This is a customer facing position and as such this candidate must have the ability to directly interact with clients, customers and vendors to include Executive level
· Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the execution of projects
· Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
· Develop detailed project plans to monitor and track progress
· Report and escalate to management and Senior Management as needed
· Perform risk management to minimize project risks
· Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
· Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
· Minimum Bachelor’s Degree
· 8+ years Senior level Project Management experience with Enterprise projects and a focus on coordination and documentation (project plans, forecasting, custom reports, etc.)
· Large scale/enterprise project experience with proven experience leading the project from end-end and completing the project successfully
· Strong leadership skills, including a history of increasing leadership responsibility and career growth in process improvement
· Excellent interpersonal and communications skills driven at varying levels of Sr. Executive, Executive, and Delivery Management stakeholders – both with customer and Eastern
· Strong knowledge of Data Center environments and processes, including Server, Network, Storage, Backups, Disaster Recovery, both on premise and Cloud driven delivery models etc.
· Strong experience using structured, formal PM Methodologies (PMP Certification, ITIL v3 Certification a plus)
· Strong documentation skills using MS Office – MS Word, Powerpoint, Excel, OneNote, MS Project, Microsoft Visio (creating, authoring, modifying, uploading and managing documents, etc.)
Eastern Computer Exchange, Inc. (“Eastern”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discharge, compensation, or any other term or condition of employment on the basis of race, religion, color, age, gender, national origin, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, if the employee can perform the essential functions of the job with a reasonable accommodation if necessary, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.