The Application Engineer will provide technical pre-sales support on radio communications system opportunities for Public Safety, Industrial, Transportation and Utility markets. The Application Engineer will be responsible for maintaining a knowledge base and skill-set across multiple manufacturer product lines and technologies such as P25, DMR, Analog Radio Systems, Dispatch Consoles, Microwave Backhaul, DC Power Systems, Radio Antenna Systems, Voice Logging Recorders, and Paging Systems.
The primary job functions for this role include:
- Generation of radio communications system quotations based on customer requirements. This will include aspects of system design, product knowledge, and spreadsheet data formatting and manipulation.
- Technical Liaison between the Customers and Manufacturers.
- Research and respond to technical inquiries across various product lines.
- Assist with product demonstrations in support of sales opportunities.
- Create radio coverage designs using software propagation tools.
- Develop and maintain templates for proposals, system descriptions, engineering drawings, and test procedures.
- Provides technical sales training to our Partners on new products and engineering tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field. Preferred emphasis in Electrical, Wireless, Computer or Network Engineering.
- At least two years in technical services or pre-sales support experience is preferred.
- Ability to learn quickly and maintain knowledge of a wide portfolio of solutions as the technical expert for multiple product sets.
- Ability to work effectively in situations with ambiguity, while maintaining a sense of urgency.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel is desired.
- Knowledge of RF propagation, wireless, microwave, and/or telecommunications networks a plus.
- Ability to travel on occasion (10% - 20%).
Work Location – Position to be located at Eastern’s offices in Long Island City, NY, Salem, NH, or Remote (home-based). Physical presence to be required for new employee training at Eastern's Salem, NH office for up to six months. Duration of the training period will be determined based on the candidate's experience level and industry knowledge.
Eastern Communications, Ltd.
Why Work Here?Eastern Communications is one of the largest radio communications companies in the Northeast, centrally located in Queens, NYC. We have been selling and serving radio communications systems and equipment for over 40 years. Our customers include State, County and Local Governments, Transportation Agencies, and Utility Companies. Eastern is a “Regional Center of Excellence” (one of four in the nation) for L3Harris Corporation. In this capacity, we provide engineering support, system integration, product distribution and field services for all the L3Harris Dealer Partners in the Northeastern US.
Established and growing company with small business flexibility and excellent career opportunities!