Eastern Branch Demolition is looking for an experienced Demolition Project Manager with at least four years of experience in construction or demolition project management and/or estimating to join our team in the Washington District of Columbia Metropolitan Area.
The Demolition Project Manager is responsible for all demolition activities within their assigned projects, including the acceptance of work performed in each phase of the demolition process. This position requires a great amount of self-initiative, customer relations, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while at the same time producing multiple projects on-time and on-budget. The Demolition Project Manager must be able to lead a successful team while championing the company's core values and maintaining Eastern Branch Demolition's best-in-class reputation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership and vision for the company’s demolition division.
- Oversees and manages full project life-cycle from pre-construction through closeout.
- Builds and maintains relationships with clients, owners, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Gathers all data from available sources necessary to complete the permit applications including site visits and drafting of all permits.
- Manages the program with little or no client supervision.
- Performs manpower and budget control to complete project tasks within the agreed budget and schedule.
- Responds to client questions and requests to the work of this task.
- Stay up to date with codes pertaining to new demolition to prevent fines and interruptions by complying with and enforcing codes.
- Update job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging demolition practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Reports directly to the Director, Eastern Branch Demolition.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Excellent critical thinking skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills.
- Excellent complex problem-solving skills.
- Highly proficient at using a computer, the Internet, and word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and email software.
- Highly proficient at reviewing draft demolition/construction documents and drawings.
- Highly proficient in various business processes and Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat and or BlueBeam.
Education and/or Experience:
- Education: High School diploma is strongly required.
- Education: Bachelor's degree is strongly preferred.
- Experience: At least 4 years' experience as an in construction/demolition project management and or estimating.
- Experience in the demolition/construction industry is strongly preferred.
- Competitive Salary
- Company Paid Employee Medical Insurance Premiums
- Company Paid Fringe Benefits
- Health Reimbursement Account
- 401k with Company Match
- Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Accident Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
- Paid Time Off
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Eastern Branch Demolition does not discriminate against any individuals on the basis of sex, sexual orientation or preference, gender, race, color, religion, national origin, creed, citizenship status, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, medical condition, mental or physical disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law, ordinance, or regulation.
Title I and Title V of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), as amended, protect qualified applicants and employees with disabilities from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, job training, fringe benefits, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment on the basis of disability. The law also requires that covered entities provide qualified applicants and employees with disabilities with reasonable accommodations, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the employer.
Visit our Web site at http://www.easternbranch.com to learn more about us.